LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynamic Stability Control

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:20 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamic Stability Control

Hello,
Just purchased a used 05 LR3 and have discovered a strange gripe with the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC). During the test drive I noticed the ride seemedvery soft and a bit "floaty". I figured it was just the air suspension doing its job. But afterputting a few miles on it,my impression has gone from floaty to unsafe.It's as ifthe DSC is overcompensating for steering inputs and causes the vehicle to sway wildlywhile driving at highway speeds. This prompted me to experiment and push the DSC button to see what the difference was. With the DSC system disengaged the truck drove great. Almost sporty even! Long story short the DSC is doing exactly the opposite of what it's supposed to.

I will add that my Rover was in an accident with the previouse owner (CarFax) and it appears that the front right lower A arm has been replaced. I'm wondering if maybe the service techs installed some sort of sensor or valve backwards which is causingthe controlability issues. There are no messages in the"message center"box with regards to supension malfunctions.

I just wanted to get other opinions on what could cause this before I take it in to the dealer. I'm currently driving with the DSC turned off until then.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dynamic Stability Control

I can't think of anything off the top of my head.....I would take it in and see if the dealer finds anything.