LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EAS Diagnosis and ID Tool

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 09:08 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 731 Likes on 613 Posts

What are the physical heights? The GAP tool will do the smart thing and only allow you to calibrate to a certain level knowing there is still off-road, extended and super extended heights possible. So it stops at a calibrated determined level that would, normally, be the max height at standard height - based I think on a prior calibration or such. When I go camping I encounter the same thing when I manually level the truck. I will raise one front then the other seems to max out. Yet when I go to th back I still have air left to raise it.

The front raises last, so it's slower because the reservoir is probably empty from doing the rear. But REALLY slow can be a week compressor or aftermarket since they have much lower output for some reason. I would give it a couple up and downs spaced out as to not overheat the compressor and let the reservoir fill up. But it should hit the calibrated height unless the calibration is off. Really you should just do another proper calibration with physical measurements to see how it plays out maybe. Go from there.

Old 09-23-2021, 09:00 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I'm tabling this thread. I think I'm in a good enough spot to have everything up and working. Where it stands is, new compressor is working great. I think it was running for a long time to fill the reservoir. With reservoir filled it shuts down properly. Front is still coming down though. Disconnected battery overnight and both front sides are fully down. Turn on truck and it raises up fast, reservoir was full, so no leak there. So, it is either the cheap chinese front valve or both bags have significant leaks. Guessing it's the valve. Will check that i have all lines tight tonight and then if it still lowers I'll start with a new valve block and then proceed to front shocks. Now I'm on to a parking circuit transmission fault that has come out of nowhere. Will post on another thread. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Old 09-23-2021, 04:46 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 731 Likes on 613 Posts

With hood open, bounce truck. If there is a leak thats big enough you will here it as it bounces. If not, then could still be a strut but more likely the valve block.