LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EAS fault issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 01:01 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wayoutwest,

I am located in Denver. You always want to read and clear the fault codes if you actually get a suspension fault. The fault codes will help determine what is really going on. Without the fault codes, we would be guessing.

I just finished developing a new tool for the LR3. The 4Dcan tool will read and clear fault codes on the LR3 computer modules. Let me know if you would like to test it out.

Land Rover LR3 - 4Dcan Diagnostics

Your problem sounds like you may have sent one of the height sensor arms out of tolerance. Remember that your EAS computer can still be on once the vehicle is shut off. The fault codes will help.

The cold weather issue could indeed be a compressor problem but again the fault codes will help.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump. Quick update to the thread and hopefully get some needed advice.

The LR shop returned code c1a20-64 (pressure increased too slow), indicated a leak was found in the compressor dryer, and recommended replacement of the entire EAS. I kindly declined.

I know I can get the dryer for $115 from BP Utah; better than a full EAS replacement. However, two questions. First, the issue has been going on for quite awhile now, and curious if in that time I've done additional damage to the EAS? Thoughts? I guess Im hoping I can simply replace the dryer and not be out a full $500-$600 for a new EAS. Secondly, are there any DIY instructions out there for replacing the dryer? I've seen plenty for swapping out the full EAS, but what about just the dryer.