LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical issues after rain storm

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 06:34 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical issues after rain storm

First off, thanks for the help i've received in the past. I'm technically challenged and am unable to contribute much here. But if you ever need help on drums (the musical instrument) i can help

Last night, my 2006 LR3 was parked outside during a heavy heavy wind and rainstorm. When i went outside this morning, probably a good couple of hours following the storm, i noticed both front and rear wipers were going at full speed. Inside the car, the nav system was going off and on along with the radio and the interior light was on. The key was NOT in the ignition and wipers are off. In order to get it to stop, i have to put the key in and turn it to the first detent. The wipers stop but the nav, radio and interior lights stay on. I can turn the radio and light off but the nav stays on.

The seat was a little wet and the floor on the drivers side was also wet but nothing else seemed wet. My wife left the sunroof open to the vent setting where it only lifts an inch or so. It wasn't so wet that i couldn't sit on the seat without getting wet. I checked the inside fuse box and there is no signs of precipitation at all or anywhere near there.

I disconnected the battery but when hooked back up and the key out, the same thing happens. I could hear the 2 wiper relays clicking away when the key is out and the wipers going without them being turned on. I tried to pull the relay out but the black cover came off and the relay stayed in and i could see the inside of the relay clicking away. This is the fuse box under the hood. The cover seemed to be on properly and again, no signs of precipitation on or around the fuse box.

I drove it for a couple of hours and everything works perfectly it's only when the key is out. After an hour and a half drive, i took the key out and nothing happened. I waited a few minutes and it appeared to have worked itself out but 10 minutes later, it happened again and this time the alarm was going off because i had locked the door.

Could it be the ignition and maybe it got a little wet?

Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Mark

Old 07-14-2011, 08:21 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

pull out the fuse box underneath the passenger side footwell and clean everything of water. if its all corroded then its ruined and you need a new one that has to be programmed by the dealer. you probably have a sunroof drain leak or an apillar leak.