LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front heated seat wireing

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Baja
Received 227 Likes on 197 Posts

I have not since I am working 3 states away

Old 02-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Baja

Found this on the UK site think it helps has pic of connector under seat

DISCO3.CO.UK - View topic - Diagnosing heated seat faulty heated seat

Old 02-17-2015, 05:27 PM
Baja

I need to get time to pull that bolt on plug but my prelim after looking at that pic and looking under the 05 drivers seat, the heated seat wiring is run to the seat there are no elements in the seat

So its either change seats or add elements

Old 02-18-2015, 07:02 PM
Baja

Well more bad news

Can't swap a drivers seat with memory and a non memory seat, wired different way different

Took apart both drivers seats, swapped in the heater panels, cleared the code still no heat code returns

These are a real pain, the the seat bottom covers held to the foam with hog rings, 2 person job the seat back heaters easy to install

I did check the heaters for continuity before assembly but idk maybe they got messed up, when I get more time I will delve back into the harness, guess I should have checked for power at the seat first

Old 02-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Baja

tested the other seat panels for continuity, it tests same as the one we installed

I unplugged the drivers seat in the 05 the wires are there at the seat, turned on the seat heater there is no voltage at the seat I am thinking we need the extra plug behind the controls

Old 09-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Baja

OK I FINIALY GOT TIME TO REVISIT THIS

I put the climate controls back into the the 06 with pass front heated seat still installed

turned it on without the extra plug on the controller plugged in, no heat on seat

plug in the extra plug and almost instant heat back and bottom so this tells me I have to have the missing wiring for all this to work

now looking in the dash I am wondering if that entire climate control harness runs to a buss connector on the fuse box behind the glove box that I can just unplug and swap em

I know there was at least one guy here that gutted his lr3 so looking for info or pics on pulling the dash and possibly where that harness runs

this is about all that's holding me up from getting the parts truck gone so I would like to figure this out soon

Old 02-18-2016, 08:32 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tom R.

This recent weather caused me to make a rash decision and dunk my head into the dark hole that is this project.

I bought a HVAC unit on the cheap and I'm flipping between this and Disco and trying to make sense of this.

Have you made it any further?

Cheers,

Ian

Old 02-19-2016, 08:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 141 Likes on 111 Posts

Hey Ian,

After staring at the wiring diagram, it looks like you would need to have the plug that Tom is holding in the first picture of this post. If you don't have that behind your console, tucked away somewhere, then I suppose you could make one, but it would be a huge pain. If you have that plug, then it looks like there are 3 other wires called out in the diagram. One is simply +12v from the battery and one is a ground for power. These are already part of another connector for you HVAC functions and not something you need to worry about. The last wire appears to be a green and black wire coming from the "big connector" on the back of the HVAC unit. It's in position 13 and appears to provide another ground (I think), but goes to a lot of places via a couple of junctions. I'm sure this wire is present in your LR3 since it is also used for the HVAC system, but I guess you would need to make sure that it runs to each seat as well. That green/black wire along with a light green wire, a blue/pink wire, and a black wire should all be grouped in a 4 pin connector underneath each front seat. Again, if you don't see those, then you would have to fashion your own wiring harnesses and fish them from under the seat to behind the dash. Not easy, but certainly do-able.

The following users liked this post:
Ian_Barry (02-20-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 03:09 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you cmb6s,

I guess we'll see what's behind the HVAC/head unit and whether or not I'll be selling the HVAC panel I just bought.

Cheers,

Ian