LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauging interest Anitas EAS magic box.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Gauging interest Anitas EAS magic box.

I recently contacted MUDTECH 4x4 in terms of getting my hands on 17 " RACER wheels , that would fit over our V8 brake calipers without any modification and spacers.As their company recently moved out of Italy , to Germany with production line of everything they sell for Discos , and they sell a lot of things, Their prices increased slightly .I also was interested in their Anitas EAS hight control unit , that looks way more superior to the LLAMS kit.Long story short , overall with a Euro conversion it would come up to a roughly $ 500 , but they said today, if i am able to gather at least 5 other customers ,price would drop similar to a LLAMS unit.
I am not big on organizing group buys , but if there is an serious interest ,we could come up with something solid.
You can all check their product at Mudtech 4x4 website. prices for a LR4 would be slightly higher , due to more connectors Anitas unit requires, but overall , it is overall , the bast product to change EAS hights on the fly , overcome speed limitation when on bumpstops and more...and YES , many of that could be done by IDTtool, but it takes time and it is certainly , not on the fly procedure.
If none is interested, I will buy this product regardless the outcome, but why would I not want to save a few bucks, if there is a way.
Cheers.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:03 PM
Rock Crawling

So ...nobody is interested in EAS control unit group buy ? Everybody has LLAMS already and no takers for MUdtech4x4 Anitas unit ?

Old 01-13-2016, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

I think the big problem is all the well known offerings at that price point. The Anitas unit is relatively unheard of.

Maybe post a link to the system that describes what it does and maybe link some user reviews of it

Old 01-13-2016, 07:30 PM
Rock Crawling

I don't really know any reviews to be honest with you, but they make some quality off road accessories for Lr3 and Lr4 .you can check them out at Mudtech4x4,com.Page is in Italian , but you can choose English and explore , There is also a little video regarding Anitas EAS control unit.
Lot of guys were admiring their front bumper all over the forums, but many thought that they were out of business .

Old 01-13-2016, 09:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I'd be interested but I just picked up a LLAMS a couple months ago. Honestly, I'm not impressed with it - rides like crap in the middle height setting so I end up running it in full height just like with my johnson rods anyway - in other words, a complete waste of time and money...though I may tweak things some more and come up with a better solution eventually.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:49 AM
Rock Crawling

What do you mean ,'in the middle setting" ? Regular extended hight ?
For me , this unit would be strictly for off road use ,and trust me, I needed a super extended mode clearance in some trails in VT this year.
I would use mostly regular off road hight in most places, but need speed in between heavy sections of trails as many times we ride on approach access roads and I have to lower ,cause we are going faster in those particular areas,hence overworked compressor.
I was mostly interested in Mudtech's 17 " racer wheels for our LR3s, that fit without any spacers , over V8 brake calipers, but shipping would be 70 Euro per wheel,as they weigh 20 kilos each on top of 1160 US dollars for 5 rims .,so I don't know..
I am really tired of AT tires,Always wanted a MT tire, that is no bigger, than 31.5 inches, as we don't need that truly.
!7 s open up the whole new market for us.

Last edited by thorgal; 01-14-2016 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:27 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by thorgal
What do you mean ,'in the middle setting" ? Regular extended hight ?
For me , this unit would be strictly for off road use ,and trust me, I needed a super extended mode clearance in some trails in VT this year.
I would use mostly regular off road hight in most places, but need speed in between heavy sections of trails as many times we ride on approach access roads and I have to lower ,cause we are going faster in those particular areas,hence overworked compressor.
I was mostly interested in Mudtech's 17 " racer wheels for our LR3s, that fit without any spacers , over V8 brake calipers, but shipping would be 70 Euro per wheel,as they weigh 20 kilos each on top of 1160 US dollars for 5 rims .,so I don't know..
I am really tired of AT tires,Always wanted a MT tire, that is no bigger, than 31.5 inches, as we don't need that truly.
!7 s open up the whole new market for us.
By 'middle', I mean the +30mm(?) setting. It basically has 'off', for no lift, '+30', and '+50' which would be the same being in off-road height or running jonhson rods. It may be because of the Proud Rhino spacer kit I have in (my suspicion) but unless I have it in max lift (+50) the highway ride is really bad.

I recently put a new set of 33" Cooper STT Plus on the stock 18" wheels, so I won't be buying a new set of 17" wheels anytime soon, though at that price I'm not sure I'd do it anyway.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:15 AM
Rock Crawling

I think the difference is quite evident:

llams2.jpg

This is a part of the Email , that I received from the manufacturer :
"Going into details:
- Anitas offer 4 Heights step (+7.5 cm max), LLams 3 (+5cm max)
- Anitas offer 3 special mode, LLams 1 may be...
- Anitas have aluminium case, LLams plastic
- Anitas Have a aluminium controller with 2 swithches 4 leds, LLams a simple rotary switch with one led
- Anitas came pre-calibrated for each car, LLams need calibration
- Anitas cames in a plastic box with foam, LLams cames in a carton box

So, everybody can easy understand that we are talking about two totally different products, especially in therms of performace, design, and quality of the material used.
Nowdays the LLams cost 350 USD , but just 2 years ago the price were 600 EURO !!! And nothing have been changed! The reduction were only done to survive on the market after the introduction of ANITAS. We will keep our price, we think that a better product must have the correct price on the market.

We have sold hudreds of ANITAS worldwide, so much more than LLams, including:
All the Europe, Russia, Africa, South Africa, Australia, USA, South America, Indonesia... without any kind of problems!

For the above reasons we have planned in the last weeks to produce a different new version. We'll be able to offer the same functionality of the LLams with a price so much more competitive, not so far from Johnson Rods. At the moment no prevision for the time and the exact price, the target markets are USA, South Africa and Australia.

Regarding the promotion we know, we have to start it, and we really wish to exhibit in some expo... ideally at SEMA.

Let us know which forum are you writing on, so we'll look at!

Best regards

Marco"
C,mon guys , let's do a group buy , they look like a solid company.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:37 AM
Rock Crawling

Well, I might be interested even though I just bought a LLAMS a couple months ago.

Heck, I'll go ahead and commit - if you can get the price down to be competitive with the LLAMS (US$350 area) I'm in.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:44 AM
Rock Crawling

It would be handy if perhaps you could find an english-language instruction set for the installation or even just operation. Their website doesn't have a lot of info from a quick look around.

Quick Reply: Gauging interest Anitas EAS magic box.