LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Half Fender Clips? (Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2023, 02:17 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Half Fender Clips? (Pictures)

Riddle Me This Batman… how does a 19 year old Land Rover have a better ride quality that a 2 year old BMW of equivalent status?

I got to drive my LR3 for the first time after getting it put together this last two weeks and wow. That’s a nice ride. I’ve got a long way to go but I am having trouble finding a particular answer and am hoping I could get some guidance.

My drivers (LH) half fender was missing when I got the vehicle… I have the new half fender… but it didn’t come with any clips. Please see the picture below. What would you use in this circumstance?

thank you in advance.

It’s a fender

Old 04-06-2023, 04:09 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

This is what I've used.

Amazon Amazon

Old 04-06-2023, 04:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 167 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by elemental_garage
Yep, me too. Cheap and they work great!

Old 04-06-2023, 05:41 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 777 Likes on 651 Posts

Honestly I have had issues with the cheap ones. Many simply break apart when you snap em in. Dont forget when installing that flare you need two or three of the larger black push-ins form below along the edge. You will see where when looking at the flare, the tabs on them...

Old 04-06-2023, 07:18 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
Honestly I have had issues with the cheap ones. Many simply break apart when you snap em in. Dont forget when installing that flare you need two or three of the larger black push-ins form below along the edge. You will see where when looking at the flare, the tabs on them...
Would you have a link for those? I windmill slammed 40 of those white ones earlier.

Old 04-06-2023, 10:37 PM
Camel Trophy

Well those you CAN go cheap on. I bought these last time, so I am well stocked. But I did not get this sale price! I might order another batch....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401363632182

Old 04-06-2023, 11:12 PM
Three Wheeling

Well those you CAN go cheap on. I bought these last time, so I am well stocked. But I did not get this sale price! I might order another batch....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401363632182
Ordered… Haha. I haven’t used my eBay account in 4 years; and in the last week I’ve bought 19 things. From a J2534 pass through, to an foglight coming all the way from key west.

I greatly appreciate all of the information.

From what I’ve been able to discern… while mine is a 2005 SE… The previous owner (whom I suspect to be a member of this forum) has updated quite a lot of features to make it an HSE… Heated Seats… Satnav… parking sensors… buttons I’m not even sure what they do because the owners manuals are all gone.

In short I’ll likely do a discovery “discovery” thread for exploring this vehicle. It comes to me with 179,000 miles and a single owner according to the carfax. Stolen radio and amp… with a slight fender bender where the bumper assembly was smushed and the fog light missing. Other than that it has a detailed service record and was very well loved. Not a speck of rust and everything is in working condition… minus the missing electrical. The satnav screen doesn’t work but I also haven’t checked any of the fuses. And now that I’m talking out loud… the drivers door lock acutuator doesn’t work either.. but I found a video on YouTube to fix that.. which I’ll do this weekend.

Old 04-06-2023, 11:40 PM
Camel Trophy

LR3 owner's guide, attached.

Attached Files
Old 04-06-2023, 11:50 PM
Three Wheeling

I've never been to Olive Garden; but I feel like I'm at Olive Garden... haha.

Thank you.

Old 04-07-2023, 12:04 AM
Three Wheeling

It actually won't let me download it... It will get to the very end of the download and crash saying network error... I've tried on a few browsers... maybe server issues?

Quick Reply: Half Fender Clips? (Pictures)