LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat issues. HELP it is cold :-)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 03:17 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heat issues. HELP it is cold :-)

So I have barely any heat out the front vents and NO heat at the back vents. I checked my mixer actuators using the IID Tool and I can also hear the a change when the controls are switched from cold to hot and vice versa. I do get the most heat out of the Left passenger vent and the least heat out of the 2 driver vents. On another note, I have a lot of ventilation faults that you can see the IId tool found in the screenshots.
Another thing about the rear heating system is that when I feel the inlet and outlet lines coming into the rear HVAC system (into the rear heater core) they are quite cool with no sign that there is hot liquid in the lines. Sooooo... My guess so far is that I have clogged heater cores and the rear one is clogged before it gets to the heater core. Anyway, I've been reading forums and see that it is a common issue along with the blend actuators and doors. I do think the actuators are good as the system passes the test when you hold the recirculate and Eco buttons while turning on the key ( I believe that is the procedure). However, I do have a lot of Fault codes as you can see with the ventilation system...

Any ideas or experience with this problem would be appreciated. If you have had a bad heater core did you have a similar issue to mine? Anyone have a rear heater core get blocked in the line?? (or I guess the heater core could be so stoped up that there is just no flow through that system).

Do these fault codes mean anything? (as it seems the LR3 just throughs codes for everything even if it works...)

the right and left bend actuator is what I was watching here. They change as expected with the controls