LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater blower

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 09:19 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater blower

Hi Guys
i have an 07 LR3
My heater blower is not working I've changed thr resistor checked the fuses and the motor all seems ok
any ideas
thanks in advance

Old 06-24-2023, 12:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 167 Likes on 119 Posts

The blower motor is a simple 2-wire circuit. I would disconnect the blower motor and put a volt meter on the two terminals. Cycle the fan through its speeds and check for voltage. If you do get what looks like a good read, then get an incandescent test light and see if you can get a bright light when working the fan switch. An LED test light will not work, it will give you a false good.

I believe our fan motor speeds are controlled by Pulse Width Modulation where a percentage of on/off to the blower motor drives the speed. If you cannot light an incandescent lamp at the connector, you either have a bad new resistor, a wiring problem, blown fuse, or a bad climate control module in the dashboard.

I believe you already did, but make sure your blower motor is good before going down a deep diagnostic route. You can apply battery voltage directly to the fan motor and it should blow full speed.

Old 07-03-2023, 02:20 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffreysullivan
Hi Guys
i have an 07 LR3
My heater blower is not working I've changed thr resistor checked the fuses and the motor all seems ok
any ideas
thanks in advance
Our 08 LR3 developed an intermittent AC Blower motor, it just stopped one day, (really not a good thing in the heat of Dubai) but I hit it and it worked again! So then my wife would give a gentle kick now and then but eventually it just stopped. The wiring and connections where all good, turned out to be some poor connection inside the motor, so I picked up a good used one (for a Range Rover Sport, same type) and replaced it. Its easy to fit, just 3 screws and one connector, although it would be advantageous to be double jointed...

Old 07-14-2023, 12:13 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't it weird how when you talk about something on your Land Rover, it goes wrong!

As per my post above, we replaced the AC blower fan on our LR3 last year. Now, whenever I turn left the AC Fan slows down and struggles. Driving straight or turning right, it's fine.

Old 11-16-2023, 01:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ProducerCliff
Isn't it weird how when you talk about something on your Land Rover, it goes wrong.
King of like talking around your cell phone and Google and Facebook bring up what you were talking about. Smh!