LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! 2006 LR3 leaking like a siv

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 12:15 AM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by flemmons
I have a 2007 LR3 SE and am experiencing water collecting and dripping down from the roof liner, just behind the windshield. This occurs during rains and I replaced the A Pillar Hardware kit on both sides and the cowl. Water mainly drips in from the drivers side with the car parked on a down slope and slight angle, so I suspect the sunroof. The water collected behind the inside driver side a pillar and soaked it until it began dripping. There is an Air bag curtain behind the trim. Has anyone seen this issue ?
You can clean the sunroof drains out with a long piece of cable with duct tape wrapped at the ends so they won't catch or rip anything as you push it through the sunroof drain pipes. Also check the rubber drain elbow on drivers side near your hood release. Mine was ripped and water was getting in that way.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I just had the same issue in our LR3 last week. The 90 elbow at the bottom of the sunroof drain pipe rotted. It is designed with a lip that pushes into and catches in a hole that goes through the interior body panel. You will need to remove the panel under the steering column, two screws, philips heads, and one push clip that pushes into the panel on the side of the center cluster. After that is out, you will need to unscrew or unbolt, I don't remember, the hood release lever. The remove the triangle shaped cover on the left side of the driver's footwell. You will see several bundles of wires attached to the side of the body panel as mentioned below. You will be able to see the sunroof drain tube coming down, it is a black tube about 1/2 inch in diameter. It comes down about 6 inches above the floor and makes a 90 degree turn and then out a hole in the side body panel. The hole is on the side body panel about an inch or so from the front fire wall and as mentioned about 6 or so inches above the floor. There is a bundle of wires that goes through the firewall. There are also some wire bundles that mount to the side body panel that may hinder your access to the hole that the drain plugs into. The 90 at the bottom of the drain pipe rotted and it came out of the hole in the body panel. It drained right into the driver's side footwell. Normal washing didn't really create an issue, rains did. I added a few inches of vac line by slipping the vac line into the drain tube. Luckily, the vac line was the same outside diameter was about the same as the inside diameter as the drain tube. I probably added about four inches of vac line and stuck it through the hole in the body panel. Rained a ton here right after I made the fix. Worked great. I tried putting some edge trimmer line down the drain up at the sunroof, it didn't work. Got hung up about two inches in. Check the sticky at the top of the LR3 page. Well written has photos and should get you the info that you need. Be careful, once the carpet is wet, it takes some time to get it dried out. Thankfully we had some nice, dry weather here in So Cal and it dried out after a couple of days. I also ran the shop vac on it for five or ten minutes trying to get as much out as I could. Before I did any other fix or repair, I would check on the drain tube and make sure that it is properly attached to the body panel and draining out of the footwell. By the way, you can't see where it drains to. You can only see the water once it drains out the bottom of the rocker panel just in front of the driver's door and just behind the wheel well. Good luck. Phil

Last edited by ljdiscovery; 01-01-2015 at 10:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
globalwad (05-04-2023)