LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with 2008 LR3 height sensor supply code/others

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 12:34 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help with 2008 LR3 height sensor supply code/others

Greetings, I’ve got a 2008 LR3 with 177k. New front bags and compressor from the dealer a couple months ago. Scanner is an iCARsoft 3.0, hoping for some direction on working out some codes that popped up last week. Suspension light came on while making a hard right turn while raising to off-road height.

1. C1A68-1C: Front left height sensor supply (permanent)
2. C127-14: compressor circuit (intermittent)
3. C1A03-1C: Front left height sensor (intermittent)

Pulled the 20 amp suspension fuse for 2 days, everything stayed inflated as it should. Pulled the 5 amp suspension fuse, it lowered down over night. Inflates when turned on and drives fine, no excessive compressor running. This is definitely more complicated than my D1! I didn’t turn up any results with a search so if you’ve got a thread to send me to or info I’d appreciate it.

Old 09-20-2022, 03:29 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

If it were me I'd replace the front left height sensor and then calibrate the EAS.

Old 09-20-2022, 05:16 PM
Drifting

I’ll give that a shot, thanks!

Old 09-20-2022, 05:19 PM
Drifting

Is this a part I can slide with an off brand or something best to use oem?

Old 09-20-2022, 08:42 PM
Camel Trophy

I don't know that I've seen a 3rd party sensor, and the OEM part isn't that expensive anyway.

The following users liked this post:
OdinsbeardD1 (09-20-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 10:12 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts

Genuine LR parts are $125-200 per sensor. Obviously ridiculous $ for such a simple part, but they do *tend* to last 100-200k miles. So, not Toyota reliable, but pretty good for Land Rover parts.

More recognized off brands like "OEM" (such a deceptive brand name but it is what it is, see below) are $75-125. Auto parts store ones are typically Dorman and ~ $125 - not a good brand but they sometimes have lifetime warranties. Cheapest no-names on Amzn and Ebay are maybe $20-40.

I've had an "OEM" branded one bought from Lucky8 fail after less than a year. (They did send me a replacement after it failed - it had a 1 year warranty I think). I was honestly pissed off at the false advertising when I received it, since these "OEM" brand parts are not what most of us mean by oem, meaning it's the same part made by the same manufacturer as the genuine part, just without the vehicle brand attached to it, i.e. a Denso branded oxygen sensor that is identical to the Land Rover branded (Denso) oxygen sensor except for the Land Rover brand on the packaging. That was my first and last time being tricked by the "OEM" brand. Same goes for the "Genuine", "OE", "OE Supplier" etc brands.

I've also had an el cheapo ($35 delivered next day from Amazon) last for years. These can be just as good as genuine ones, but it's a crapshoot. But the more expensive off brands can be crapshoots too So I'd go with either genuine Land Rover *or* the cheaper branded ones from somewhere like Rockauto personally.

You could buy 4+ sets of cheap ones for the price of genuine anyway, and they are a 5 minute job to switch out. Not including the suspension calibration of course!

Not sure how helpful that was lol, but that's what's available.

Originally Posted by OdinsbeardD1
Is this a part I can slide with an off brand or something best to use oem?

Old 09-21-2022, 10:20 AM
Camel Trophy

Well I guess there ARE aftermarket ones!!!

I don't see how they can fail easily, they are just potentiometers with a wiring harness.

tracyc (09-21-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 10:21 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts

Oh and by the way if you're having an issue with height sensor *supply* voltage, then you very well could have a wiring or other problem and not a height sensor problem!

Old 09-21-2022, 05:18 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 777 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by tracyc
I've had an "OEM" branded one bought from Lucky8 fail after less than a year. (They did send me a replacement after it failed - it had a 1 year warranty I think). I was honestly pissed off at the false advertising when I received it....
Not surprised by that at all. The tried to pull the same crap with a rear driveshaft I bought. Even sending me one that did not match pics. I have had too many issue with them.

I believe the front left sensor part number is LR020155? If so, they can be had for cheap from LR direct. And unlike some sellers, when they say OEM they truly mean it. I have purchased many "OEM" parts form LR Direct and they are indeed OEM. In some instances the LR logo has been simply scratched off! There is shipping, but with current exchange rates the pricing from LR Direct is great. For example, I need a new lower steering shaft. New OEM is only $180 shipped from them.

Old 09-21-2022, 05:19 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 777 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by houm_wa
Well I guess there ARE aftermarket ones!!!

I don't see how they can fail easily, they are just potentiometers with a wiring harness.
Yeah, but quality of potentiometers can vary greatly. Mainly down to material choices.

houm_wa (09-22-2022)

Quick Reply: Help with 2008 LR3 height sensor supply code/others