LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honest Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 07:21 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 226 Likes on 199 Posts

Why would you accept the X3 back when you sold it ?

The following users liked this post:
houm_wa (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 07:33 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by loanrangie
Why would you accept the X3 back when you sold it ?
I can explain that on this really odd story. My wife sold the car to her employee on an installment basis so he was paying her back every month. Once he learned his girlfriend was pregnant and could not afford the car, he simply decided to return it to us. That was why we took it back.

CR

Old 12-17-2020, 08:09 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts
Default Sounds like you guys are just too nice...

...if you sold it, you sold it!

Anyway I don't agree with pagoda's assessment. Lots of hyperbole. Go drive that LR3. It will tell you what you need to know.

Old 12-17-2020, 08:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by houm_wa

Anyway I don't agree with pagoda's assessment. Lots of hyperbole. Go drive that LR3. It will tell you what you need to know.
Interested to know what part of what I said you disagree with, since I'd suggest it's pretty much fact-based. List it out, perhaps.

Old 12-17-2020, 08:54 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts
Default I guess...

Stating that things "leak a lot" to me is over-stated. They leak, you fix 'em it's easy and it's done.

Pleasantly surprised when it starts? That's horse****.

The rest of your post is fine.

loanrangie (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 09:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 226 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by rdsmvp
I can explain that on this really odd story. My wife sold the car to her employee on an installment basis so he was paying her back every month. Once he learned his girlfriend was pregnant and could not afford the car, he simply decided to return it to us. That was why we took it back.

CR
I guess if it was take it back or not get paid, you did the right thing.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:25 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Stating that things "leak a lot" to me is over-stated. They leak, you fix 'em it's easy and it's done.

The rest of your post is fine.
I took his post in a good way. As I said, I already have a car that is the running joke in the family, the 7-Series BMW. After years owning it and after a TON of work done the damn thing now purrs like a cat and once you have a V12 you will understand what that means. If the LR3 starts or not, I am not too worried. I am sure it will start under my ownership as I do take great care of all the cars I have (10 at the moment, until I add the LR3). My original post was really towards understanding more about how the LR3 and the LX 470 compare and if they are reliable. Cars, no matter year/brand, they break, guaranteed. My Cayenne, bought new, every winter refused to work a couple times, locked my key on the ignition and so on. Until Porsche flew in a guy from Germany to work on a GT and he looked at my Cayenne while there and was able to make it better (fix it, nope).
I do know well what I am getting into if I jump into the LR3 wagon.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,590 Likes on 1,306 Posts

I have 3 LR3's 2 with 170K+ 1 over 210k. All start just fine. Maintenance is king.

I have never understood the brake light bulb story. None of mine are OEM bulbs all are whatever was on the shelf at the autoparts store when I found I had one out. Heck one time I grabbed the wrong bulbs. It plugged in but didn't work properly (think it was a backup or turn signal light bulb). Truck was normal no issues whatsoever. Thought about ordering some cheap knock off led bulbs just to see if it would freak out.

I like the Lexus it's nice truck, extremely capable but it doesn't have the personality of the LR.

The following 3 users liked this post by ArmyRover:
houm_wa (12-17-2020), rdsmvp (12-19-2020), TexasLandmark (12-18-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 09:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Useful feedback, thanks.

houm_wa (12-18-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 03:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I meant to quote this "Stating that things "leak a lot" to me is over-stated. They leak, you fix 'em it's easy and it's done.

The rest of your post is fine."

I have to laugh a little. I actually thought pagoda's response was pretty spot on (given some flexibility for each owner's experience). I do really enjoy the LR3. REALLY enjoy it but until I sorted out the cowl leak issue and water ingress into the control module on the firewall, it would so randomly not start - it drove me mad. So every time I turned the key I said a quiet prayer to the LR gods

It's been a couple of years since I corrected that but I can truly appreciate his response on that and I COMPLETELY agree that I've felt the same way in the past.

Having said that - it was worth sorting out because I do think the rig is pretty incredible.

houm_wa (12-18-2020)

Quick Reply: Honest Question