LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues after swapping headlights for xenon

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015 | 01:23 PM
|
Three Wheeling
Default Issues after swapping headlights for xenon

I bought some xenon headlights on eBay and swapped them out. One looks great, the other is seriously fogged on the front. That side seems to be causing problems. Everything works, but I get a fast blinker indicator on the dash. Reading about this leads me to believe the cause is a bad bulb holder in the light assembly. Anybody know how easy (or not) this is to replace?

The bigger issue is that I got all kids of other warnings after I installed the lights and turned them on while driving. (Yes, these are non-adaptive lights.) Suspension, tranny, and all the rest. My dash lit up like crazy. I turned off the car and restarted and they all went away. This has me concerned that something else isn't right. Note that I have seen the warnings other than that one time.

I checked my IIDTool for a xenon light setting and don't see one? Am I missing it? Is there something else I need to reset after swapping the lights?

Thanks for any help.

Old 06-09-2015 | 10:11 AM
8th Gear

Hi,

Here you go..

IIDTool Menu->Car Config->Body Control->Xenon lamps

Cheers

The following users liked this post:
unseenone (06-09-2015)
Old 06-11-2015 | 09:54 AM
|
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by EricGAPDiag
Hi,

Here you go..

IIDTool Menu->Car Config->Body Control->Xenon lamps

Cheers
I could not feel more stupid for missing that. Thanks.

Still getting a fast turn signal on the right side. Pretty sure it's the blinker socket. I did see how to change it - looks very simple. I can't seem to find that socket online. Perhaps it's named differently, but no luck. I may give the dealer a call and see if they have one.

Actually... why not swap it out from one of my removed halogen lights and see if that fixes the issue. Good idea, Rip!

Old 06-23-2015 | 07:21 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Still have an issue with blinker socket. After not being able to find it anywhere online, I went to the dealer. They can't find it either. Their take is that it's not a rover replaceable park. Hmmm... I've read where other people have gotten these part from the dealer. So now I'm confused.

I opened up one of my old (halogen) lights and see how the socket comes out. I don't see how it's wired. Anybody know if it can be unplugged from anywhere other than at the main plug for the light housing?

For now I may take some steel wool to one I've got and see if that's a temporary fix.

Old 07-02-2015 | 11:16 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Well... opened up the light fixture having issues and found what you see below plugged into the blinker socket - some kind of LED replacement bulb. Easy enough to fix that problem, and the blinker now functions normally.

Unfortunately I decided to check out the rest of the lights to see what they had going and found an issue with my side light. Electrical tape on the wires and the socket is melted. Not sure if it was the wrong bulb or another issue. Given the tape, I'd say other issue.

Anybody have a clue idea what's up with those bulbs?

Attached Thumbnails Issues after swapping headlights for xenon-led.jpg   Issues after swapping headlights for xenon-melted.jpg   Issues after swapping headlights for xenon-bulbs.jpg