LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought my LR3 now I'm worried

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:10 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my LR3 now I'm worried

Hello all. I just bought my 06 LR3 a few days ago and I am a little worried. When I first test drove it I was in love except for a suspension error light (normal mode only) in my face. The light would come on and I wouldnt be able to ajust the height of the Rover. Then the light would go off by itself and let me adjust it again. I told the local dealer (not Land Rover) that needed to be fixed before I buy it. He sent it away and "had it fixed"..... It hasn't came on since I bought the Rover but when you start the car I can hear a somewhat loud noise coming from the back driver-side tire like it is trying to do something and is struggling. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Miguel

Old 03-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Drifting

Is it like a "EEEE, PSSSSHHHH" Its probably just the compressor filling up the air suspension. It does that at the start. My LR3 06's compress would kick in and once it turned off i got a suspension fault error message. I needed a new compressor. But u said it was fixed should it should be fine then.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

It might be worth checking the 4x4 info screen when in error mode. See if one wheel shows out of place, it may be a height sensor.

There are a couple of upgrade kits you can fit to your compressor if you think it is struggling more than normal. Better to catch it before it overheats.

There is another upgrade for the compressor, which consists of a replacement relay, and new ECU software, which lowers the pressure so the compressor does not have to work as hard. It is good to fit it with the upgrade/replacement springs, and other flaps and so on. Parts total should be less than $50.00. Firmware update takes just 10-15 minutes. An INDY shop with the autologic system that works on Rovers can probably also do the software.

The rest of the work you could do yourself if you wanted to take the time to do the research on "how to".

Old 03-08-2012, 02:03 PM
3rd Gear
Cool I had the same suspension problem

I had the suspension fault normal suspension only error. After some research I purchased and replaced the air dryer (that takes the humidity from the air getting compressed). The silica sand in the dryer was restricting the flow of air into the compressor, overheating the compressor and it would cut out causing the fault. I live in Panama Central America where there is very high humidity I have a 2008 LR3 HLR I replaced the dryer and all is fine.
About the noise, you might look under the driver side passenger door where the compressor is located and make sure the top cover was reinstalled after they fixed the problem. This cove should muffle the noise from the compressor. Some noise from the compressor is normal when you start the LR3 since it has to fill up the reservoir a trrrrrrrrrrr noise.
Hope this helps!