LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got an LR3, looking for some AUX input help

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 06:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Just got an LR3, looking for some AUX input help

Looking for someone that has the AUX input on the back of the center console that has the time to take a picture for me. What I am looking for is a picture of the green 4 wire connector that goes into AUX input once you pop it out of the console. It is very easy to remove all you need is a flat head screw driver and you can pop it out. What I'm trying to diag is why I only have right side sound when I use the AUX input. I found a Land Rover wire diagram of the connector and the way the wires are arranged in the diagram do not match my connector so I was hoping someone could take a picture of the their working connector so I can verify if someone had been in the connector and put the wires back in it wrong or if I just have a bad aux input. If someone has the time to do this for me I would really appreciate it.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:53 PM
Mudding
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Is this what you are looking for?

Looks like I have a loose wire too🤨

The following users liked this post:
MaineLR3 (09-07-2023)
Old 09-17-2019, 05:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts

I had bad sound when using an iPod thru that AUX with a straight headphone jack type cord
My sounds was from rears only - not front, even though all other inputs (radio, cd) sounded fine from all speakers

I bought an old-school Griffin adapter (powered, boosted) for $6 LOL
Amazon Amazon

Now my sound from the AUX via the iPod (thru the adapter) is as good as I would have expected!

Old 09-17-2019, 05:54 PM
Rock Crawling

Thanks for the picture, that is exactly what I was looking for. Looks like I have a bad AUX input. I'll see if I can find a work around so I don't have to pay the dealer $125 for a new one.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:56 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by douglastic
I had bad sound when using an iPod thru that AUX with a straight headphone jack type cord
My sounds was from rears only - not front, even though all other inputs (radio, cd) sounded fine from all speakers

I bought an old-school Griffin adapter (powered, boosted) for $6 LOL
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003SX0O34...iglink21385-20

Now my sound from the AUX via the iPod (thru the adapter) is as good as I would have expected!
Mine had a broken piece of the connector stuck in it and through the removal process I probably damaged one of the contacts.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:02 AM
Mudding
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Old 11-06-2019, 11:06 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you clarify?

Originally Posted by Alex J
Mine had a broken piece of the connector stuck in it and through the removal process I probably damaged one of the contacts.
I have the exact same problem, I was a little unclear from your last post what the fix was?
Thank you,

Andy

Old 11-06-2019, 01:43 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by AndyGrif
I have the exact same problem, I was a little unclear from your last post what the fix was?
Thank you,

Andy
My fix was I scored a replacement part from a recycler for $30 when I was getting some other parts. When I have more time I will look into a repair using a regular 3 wire aux input cord tapped into the 4 wire connector. Since the body side connector is only 4 wires I feel that this could be easily tapped into and a different input cord/port could be mounted in a more convenient location

Old 11-06-2019, 02:56 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-06-2019, 03:25 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by AndyGrif
Yes, but since mine came from a recycler it had the cigarette lighter in it as well.

Quick Reply: Just got an LR3, looking for some AUX input help