LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land Rover South Bay sold me a damage car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Land Rover South Bay sold me a damage car!!!

Land Rover South Bay sold me a damage car.

As the title said, I went to lease a brand new 06 LR3 on 2/6/07. After a week of ownership, I suspect body work on both passenger side doors. I talked to the sales and he told me the car is brand new and it is impossible to have any damage. I felt that I am fooled by the dealer so I went to inspect the car by a professional body shop and they proved to me both door were repainted. The latest from the dealer last week is that they are just going to offer to repair the door damage, which they deny to me in the beginning. I consider this is serious Business FRAUD and I want to terminate the lease because the dealer lies to me in the very beginning. I have given enough time for the dealer to resolve this problem and they failed to take any appropriate responsibility.

Long story short, "Do Not Buy Cars from Land Rover South Bay, CA" or any of their sisters company (AutoNation, Power AutoGroup). I already open a case with LRNA Case # 6909088 and LABBB Case#98179619.

Please help to spread the word to the public because I do not want anyone becomes a victim like me. Buying or Leasing a new car shouldn't turn out to be a bad experience like mine.

Thanks for reading.

BC_LR3[/align]

Old 03-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Land Rover South Bay sold me a damage car!!!

That's a real shame!

Old 03-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Three Wheeling

I don't understand, what kind of repair are they offering if the doors are already painted? The car is 06 and most likely has been around for a while, with few hundred miles on odo, so there's a chance it was scratched during a test drive or service or whatever. Also, why do you care if you lease and most likely will be returning the car? Obviously a lying dealer is a shame and itdoesn't add points to his reputation, but why all this hysteria? Just ask for a credit towards few accessoires, extra miles on your lease or some discount. Jeez...

Old 03-21-2007, 03:52 PM
7th Gear

If youwalked into a dealership to lease or purchase a brand new vehicle.The salesmansold you a damaged car, which he knows and not telling you. What kind of feeling will you have? I am pretty sure you are pissed off and feel that you have been fooled by the salesman and the dealership. The salesman and dealership will thanks your business because you help them to get rid of this damaged car and they still make good profit from you.

In my case, thedamages is not minor, the scratch is almost 4 feet long starting from the front door all the way to the rear door. You can see thepoor paintjob on both doors and overspray. If the scratch is only few inches, I don’t think I will make a big deal about it.

In my opinion, this is a serious Business Misconduct and FRAUD. I am sure most people will agree that and this practice is not acceptable, either the car is lease or purchase. The dealer needs to learn a lesson here and take full responsibility. I have given them enough time to resolve this issue before I started to post on this Forum, but they failed to do so.

BC_LR3

Old 03-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Three Wheeling

If I had a salesman delivering me a damaged 'brand new' car and than admitting stuff like yours a week later? Oh, I'd milk this situation to it's max and most likely would have running boards, splash quards and heck, maybe even DVD installed at very steep discounts. They'll get this car back in 3 years, so what do I care?

Old 03-21-2007, 07:20 PM
7th Gear

Different people has different opinion. To me,this is business misconduct and should not be tolerated. The dealer manager finally called me yesterday and agreed to buy back the vehicle.

I don't care any discount or accessories at all becausemoney is not an issue here. I can go to other dealer and get same or better deal for this car. I trust this dealer when I went to lease my car and I did not even bargain hard. Turns out they lie to me and I amvery disappointed with how they response to this issue in the beginning. As a consumer, the dealer is responsible to disclose everything to their customer. If the dealer allow their sales tolie to me, they probably lie tomany other customers, which they neverfind. Also the BBB rating for this dealer is "F" and if I knew they have such a bad rating in the beginning, I wouldn't do business with them.

At last, when you walk into a dealership to lease or buy a "Brand New" car, you expect to get"Brand New" car.

BC_LR3

Old 03-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Three Wheeling

So he'll buy it back,you'll end up leasing another, and given 06s are almost gone, you'll get 07 (which is absolutely the same as 06) at higher price/no incentives... where doyou win? Ah, right, "money is not an issue here". Ok then.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:34 AM
7th Gear

I am not going to lease anything. I have enough cars in my garage. I lose nothing.

Later

ORIGINAL: Max_A6

So he'll buy it back,you'll end up leasing another, and given 06s are almost gone, you'll get 07 (which is absolutely the same as 06) at higher price/no incentives... where doyou win? Ah, right, "money is not an issue here". Ok then.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me get this straight,you're complaining about a paint repair on an LR3 that you don't even own,you're basicly renting this vehicle from the dealer because you don't want the big monthly finance payments.LEASING IS RENTING, it's not your truck! Sounds like you were just looking for an excuse to return the truck anyway. If you had PURCHASED the truck(like the rest of us here on the forum) and found out it had been repaired,THAT would be another story and you likely would have had your issue addressed right away.It sounds like the Dealership would rather just terminate the lease rather than listen to you whine for the next 3-4 years. Heck,I'd do the same thing.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:09 PM
7th Gear

I gave the dealership at least3 weeks to give me a reasonable resolution and they failed to do so. Both passenger doors were repainted and the job is poor. Thedamages are more than 4 ft long. Ileasedthe car in the evening and I didn't even care to check the car condition because this is a brand new car in the lot. Found out a week later both doors were repainted poorly. If I knew the car has damages, I will negotiate a better deal or pickanother vehicle. If the dealer allows to lease a damaged vehicle to theircustomer without telling them, they will do the same to customer who wants to purchase.

To me, this is more of a business conduct issue whether the car is lease or purchase. The dealer should know what happened to their vehicle and they shoulddisclose to their customer. Ifthe scratch is only minor, I would notmake a big deal about it. If I didn't find out the damage now and return the car after 30 months lease, the dealerprobably charge me for the damage. In my case, the Dealer Managerknows what they did wrongand offers to buy back the vehicle.

I am trying share my bad experience and let the forum members awareaboutthis issue.Turns out everyone think I am trying to find anexcuse to terminate the lease early. The vehicle was buy back by the dealer and I am not going to reply to this message anymore.

Good Luck

BC_No more_LR3

Quick Reply: Land Rover South Bay sold me a damage car!!!