LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR not engaging in gear (terrain response system)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 10:45 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR not engaging in gear (terrain response system)?

I have a 2007 LR3 and have read all I could to figure out what the problem is/how it can be fixed before i take it to dealer (an hour away)

Truck ran and engaged fine until one day when it just stopped working (engaging). The leveling system wont work either now. Engine runs fine, transmission can be shifted but it feels like truck is in neutral and no light comes on the terrain response system **** (as it did before).

I had some water fall on the unit and i blew it out and truck engaged fine until I took it for a ride, and my guess is that I possible fried the electronics in the unit. Is that such a sensitive part? Does anyone know if perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree? Or if its the 'right tree' where to best get the part?

Its my first post and I tried doing my homework before turning to you guys but Im stuck...

george

Old 05-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Hi welcome;

It sounds power related before you mention "the unit" and the water. What unit was water spilled on. I certainly would suspect power, fused, control unit, etc. Let us know, post a more detailed story, pictures, etc.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:41 AM
3rd Gear

Hi I have the same problem I left the sunroof open and it rained on the center console, I can go up for offroading but it wont engage terrain response or lower the car to access height? any suggestions

Old 05-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

To start with, you are going to need to dry everything out. The center console could be disassembled to speed things along. After that, you would have to start working on switches and fuses.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:41 AM
Drifting

Have had this issue, terrain response and height control are the same unit, the water could have caused damage just like it did in mine. I ended up replacing the whole terrain response unit. I have an extra one too that could be yours if you need it. I also shorted out the park interlock solenoid, causing the truck to go into transmission fault (2nd or 3rd gear) and making me have to disassemble the center console to shift it out of park. Unrelated loss, 1 iPod, drowned in cupholder. Easiest prevention, closing the sunroof.

Old 03-02-2024, 10:12 AM
1st Gear
Default Help !!

Originally Posted by keithnorge
Hi I have the same problem I left the sunroof open and it rained on the center console, I can go up for offroading but it wont engage terrain response or lower the car to access height? any suggestions
I thinking on buy a high mileage 2005 LR3 , it seems to have same problem

when I shift gear it changes on screen from P to D or R, even engine sounds different as any automatic vehicle , but if I try to accelerate a bit I does not move a damn inch

parking brake light did not blink

air suspension and terrain controls are not working

the owner has it abandoned on this garage with a broken sunroof so it make sense it get wet