LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Air vs Coil in depth comparison

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 06:27 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by sdjp
Great vid! These rigs, and their drivers (lol!), are amazing!
Hahahaha, not ALL their drivers! I've seen some driving (in-person and on the internet) of LR3s that leaves one scratching their head.

The following users liked this post:
sdjp (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 08:00 PM
Mudding
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

That equation or math would be:
275 x 65 / 2540 = 7.04 (rounding up) x 2 +18 = 32.07

There are other ways to figure it this is what works best for me. And I’m sure a lot of you all know this but figured a good place to pop it in. I like math 🤙🏻

sdjp (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 10:58 PM
Camel Trophy
Default Ugh....

... not what I meant at all!!!!

I don't need Math help. Geezus. I'm just saying that the Coopers aren't really any smaller than the Goodyears, for the same listed size. At least not per their own websites.

Old 02-19-2022, 06:06 AM
Mudding
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by houm_wa
... not what I meant at all!!!!

I don't need Math help. Geezus. I'm just saying that the Coopers aren't really any smaller than the Goodyears, for the same listed size. At least not per their own websites.
Bro. Calm yourself! That’s was not really intended for you. I get what your saying. That was for the people that read that and said what math?
From my experience on here you are one of the more knowledgeable folks on this forum. However some people may see something and ask themself what is he talking about but not actually ask due to responses like that.

The following 2 users liked this post by scoutrover13:
houm_wa (02-19-2022), tracyc (03-01-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 11:22 AM
Camel Trophy

My bad, homie. I wasn't un-calm...my tone just didn't convey well over text. Anyway, back to the main topic.

Brian, question for you: are you still yet to complete the comparison tests? Or have they all been done and you're just chopping up footage for video production now?

If the former, can we provide feedback?
Or maybe a better question, would you like feedback (such as test scenario ideas)?

Old 02-19-2022, 12:30 PM
Mudding
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

My bad, homie. I wasn't un-calm...my tone just didn't convey well over text. Anyway, back to the main topic.

Brian, question for you: are you still yet to complete the comparison tests? Or have they all been done and you're just chopping up footage for video production now?

If the former, can we provide feedback?
Or maybe a better question, would you like feedback (such as test scenario ideas)?
Great question; we have completed all the comparisons a few months ago and have been tackling the enormous task of doing a proper job editing so our videos are both visually and educationally engaging. Our man Aaron deserves all the credit; we couldn’t have done this project without him!

That being said we welcome feedback; in both areas we might improve upon as well as areas you’ve enjoyed so we know to continue to highlight them for future videos. We’ve made a few videos before (available for viewing our YouTube channel) but we’re really just getting started in presenting to the general public. This has been a great medium and process for me to go through personally; a coming out of sorts from retiring from military life and sharing my passion with a wider audience. If there are certain ideas you have or things you’d like to see; please let us know and while I can’t promise we can make a full on video about it; we’ll definitely look to address or feature it!

Have a great weekend everybody!

houm_wa (02-20-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 01:50 AM
Mudding

Episode 2: Overlanding is now ready for viewing!

Old 02-26-2022, 12:03 PM
Camel Trophy

Fantastic video! Thank you for sharing it here.

One note: that plastic area in the wheel well...there is a flange there as well, some welded metal sheet. You'll want to pound that flat, and maybe primer it. I used a Blacksmith hammer on mine. I'm sure you can find Info on re-routing the HVAC. I didn't have to do that. My '05 is a 5-seater. I ordered it without rear heat, so no HVAC for me.

sdjp (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 02:37 PM
Mudding

Fantastic video! Thank you for sharing it here.

One note: that plastic area in the wheel well...there is a flange there as well, some welded metal sheet. You'll want to pound that flat, and maybe primer it. I used a Blacksmith hammer on mine. I'm sure you can find Info on re-routing the HVAC. I didn't have to do that. My '05 is a 5-seater. I ordered it without rear heat, so no HVAC for me.
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it 🙌

Funny note on the hammer, years back I was on the forums and this guys was saying to use a BFH as a tool for something, and I was like “what is that?” Turns out it’s a Big F’ing Hammer! 😂

The following 2 users liked this post by sdjp:
houm_wa (02-26-2022), SixesnSevens (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 06:15 PM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sdjp
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it 🙌

Funny note on the hammer, years back I was on the forums and this guys was saying to use a BFH as a tool for something, and I was like “what is that?” Turns out it’s a Big F’ing Hammer! 😂
I first heard that acronym from a Senior Chief BM, along with many other phrases involving the F word ( "F me to tears Irene" and "F'ing-A-crowbar" to name a couple of them). Anyways, thank you for the great LR3 video comparisons, for your service, and for helping out our vets!

The following 2 users liked this post by SixesnSevens:
houm_wa (02-26-2022), sdjp (02-27-2022)

Quick Reply: LR3 Air vs Coil in depth comparison