LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lr3 calibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:32 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lr3 calibration

Hey guys ! Any info on suspension calibration ? Is this a dealer only or user friendly ??
recommend code readers or programs ?

Old 01-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Why are you trying to calibrate? Factory scan tool will obviously work. I think some aftermarket scanners will do it, like Launch.
There is a tool used to measure the heights, but a measuring tape in millimeters can also be used (but not as accurate).
Your compressor and sensors must be in good working order and your suspension components must be in good shape. I learned the hard way that bad control arm bushings will cause the calibration to be wrong, if it doesn't fail all together.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Ya.. the only real calibration is height if I understand correctly.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by LR Techniker
Why are you trying to calibrate? Factory scan tool will obviously work. I think some aftermarket scanners will do it, like Launch.
There is a tool used to measure the heights, but a measuring tape in millimeters can also be used (but not as accurate).
Your compressor and sensors must be in good working order and your suspension components must be in good shape. I learned the hard way that bad control arm bushings will cause the calibration to be wrong, if it doesn't fail all together.

Sounds easy enough
I had some compressor issues over the holidays and in all my wisdom I thought I should remove the compressor and take a look ... Without realizing that the system needed to be calibrated after compressor work ?
The compressor on my lr3 seems to be running non stop , I believe it's a bad ride height sensor or me not calibrating the system ... Causing system to continue to work until it kicks itself into safe mode
Thoughts ?
Best scan tool for the dollar ?

Old 01-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've replaced the compressor on mine without needing to recalibrate. AFAIK this is only required if you replace a height sensor...

If the compressor keeps running then you may have an air leak or a stuck relay....I don't know of a height sensor issue that would cause that - do you have the sat nav 4x4 info display available - does it show any indication that one of the wheels height is out compared to the others when sitting on level ground?

For height sensor calibration a number of folks like the IID tool but BBS also have their CANBUS module for the NanoCom now available. Depends on how much spanner wielding you plan to do now and in the future.

Last edited by stmcknig; 01-24-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by stmcknig
I've replaced the compressor on mine without needing to recalibrate. AFAIK this is only required if you replace a height sensor...

If the compressor keeps running then you may have an air leak or a stuck relay....I don't know of a height sensor issue that would cause that - do you have the sat nav 4x4 info display available - does it show any indication that one of the wheels height is out compared to the others when sitting on level ground?

For height sensor calibration a number of folks like the IID tool but BBS also have their CANBUS module for the NanoCom now available. Depends on how much spanner wielding you plan to do now and in the future.

Ahh that's is news to me
Very interesting to hear
I keep getting mixed answers from the dealerships

I have heard about the sticky relay
Makes sense
Are we talking about the relay under the hood ?
Now if I replace this part is it as simple as removing and replacing ? Or is there further steps ?

Old 01-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Replacing relay is just a simple swap. There are many just like it in the fuse box, you can swap it for another to test the "stuck relay" theory, before throwing down for a new one.

Calibration doesn't need done after compressor swap except for one condition, but it doesn't apply to you. Re-installing your compressor or one just like it (Hitachi) doesn't matter. Only when you upgrade to the AMK compressor does it need calibrated, and thats only because it requires a software update of the Suspension Module.

Software updates, sensor replacement or if something isn't right is when you calibrate.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:22 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by LR Techniker
Replacing relay is just a simple swap. There are many just like it in the fuse box, you can swap it for another to test the "stuck relay" theory, before throwing down for a new one.

Calibration doesn't need done after compressor swap except for one condition, but it doesn't apply to you. Re-installing your compressor or one just like it (Hitachi) doesn't matter. Only when you upgrade to the AMK compressor does it need calibrated, and thats only because it requires a software update of the Suspension Module.

Software updates, sensor replacement or if something isn't right is when you calibrate.

Ahhhh ok ! I was considering the amk compressor , any thoughts ? Is there a chance the vehicle would need an update even after I hve not changed anything ?
Defiantly sounds like the relay to me , I'm just going to replace it and see if that corrects itself.
This summer will replace all height sensors
Do you know of any recommend businesses to purchase diagnostic tools , rough estimate as per costs or even if getting the higher end code reader as appose to a more economical one ?
Thanks !

Old 01-10-2020, 04:18 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

Best choice is the IIDTool by Gap Diagnostics.

Old 01-10-2020, 11:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

To me seems like you are throwing money at something without knowing what it is. What is the existing problem or symptoms and what codes does it show.

Quick Reply: Lr3 calibration