LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lr3 instrument cluster issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 11:55 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 145 Likes on 127 Posts
Default What is the problem?

Originally Posted by samnt650
Has anyone tried Instrument Cluster repair service, as way to repair the CanBus lost communication problem? Can you share your experience?
I cannot figure out what you are asking. Do you have some sort of specific concern related to your 3 or is that some sort of general question?

A CanBus lost communication message "somewhere" is common, normal, routine, and probably nothing to be concerned about. If you are seeing that message I presume you have some sort of BlackBox Faultmate or similar; if so, it helps to say where or what you saw the message on.
If you have red or yellow lights showing up or gauges on the instrument cluster not working or seeming erratic, you have to be specific.

Also you might respond as to if you have tried the fix per post #39 above - an unplug and replug can resolve many problems at very little cost.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:39 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM R
Is the passenger Floor wet underneigth the padding
Yes my padding underneath my passenger side was soaked with coolant? what can be the issue.

Old 03-22-2021, 09:48 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Kalani0115
Yes my padding underneath my passenger side was soaked with coolant? what can be the issue.
See my post #31 above. There is a link at the bottom of a number of files related to wet carpets and the dash HVAC piping water drain system.
Two of the pdf files have at this time, 1,581 and 1,742 views respectively - hence the content was probably found to be of value by others and may also be the answer to your concern.

These two files relate to plain water, that is rain water and or AC water, not coolant soaking the carpet.
As such, are you certain it is coolant and not plain water soaking the carpet? If it is coolant, than the odds are the coolant level in the expansion tank is dropping. It the level is not dropping then that is good news as the fix per the two files costs nothing and is easy to rectify.
Let us know what you determine.

Old 03-22-2021, 04:42 PM
4wd Low

[QUOTE=bbyer;766543]See my post #31 above. There is a link at the bottom of a number of files related to wet carpets and the dash HVAC piping water drain system.
Two of the pdf files have at this time, 1,581 and 1,742 views respectively - hence the content was probably found to be of value by others and may also be the answer to your concern.

These two files relate to plain water, that is rain water and or AC water, not coolant soaking the carpet.
As such, are you certain it is coolant and not plain water soaking the carpet? If it is coolant, than the odds are the coolant level in the expansion tank is dropping. It the level is not dropping then that is good news as the fix per the two files costs nothing and is easy to rectify.
Let us know what you determine.[/QUOTE

we found the leak it was heater core that was leaking but now I am having problems with my electronics. The car will randomly give TPMS error, hazards flashing, and system shut down. The carpet was full of coolant. so I’m not really sure problem the cluster but the wires and components on the passenger side floor.

Old 03-22-2021, 04:42 PM
4wd Low

we found the leak it was heater core that was leaking but now I am having problems with my electronics. The car will randomly give TPMS error, hazards flashing, and system shut down. The carpet was full of coolant. so I’m not really sure problem the cluster but the wires and components on the passenger side floor.

Old 03-22-2021, 05:06 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Kalani0115
The fix is no real fun but doable. If you have any problem, if will be drying the carpet. Antifreeze does not evaporate like water but it does not eat carpet either.

The odds are that some of the wiring within the door sill channel got wet / is wet and hence not doing what it is supposed to do.
Normally the wet wires problem shows as door locks that will not work. i presume they do so that is good.

In theory you have lights in the door lock and power window buttons both front and rear doors. At night, see if they are still working - that is also a sign of wet wires as they are hair thin and the connectors are often those squeeze type telephone type. Corrosion occurs inside them, (yes, not supposed to) and then problems. The fix is easy once you find the connectors - near impossible - just new connectors.

Other wires and circuits also get affected - that is my best guess as to where to start looking - either way, if it is wet in that channel, it has to be cleaned up.
Below is a link to a good page on the problem.

DISCO3.CO.UK - View topic - Remote Locking from KeyFob not working (Again)

https://www.landroversonly.com/threa...ng-help.28115/

The following users liked this post:
ancientau (07-08-2022)