LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

instrument cluster issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 12:09 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default instrument cluster issues

Hey all,
New member to the community as well as a first time owner of a land rover.

I am having an issue with my '05 LR3 SE instrument cluster. Randomly It will loose all power. Some times during start up, some times while driving. So far after 30 seconds it kicks back on.

Sorry if something similar has already been posted i was unable to find anything threads that could help.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:49 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default big plug in rear loose

My guess is that the single big electrical connector that plugs into the rear of the instrument cluster assembly is loose.

It seems the primary cable is a bit short and hence there is always a pull out tug on the connector.

Normally, it shows more as a temperature or fuel gauge that will not indicate, or worse yet, a sort of shutdown or non start of the engine.

Within the insrument cluster pcb is the backup memory chip for the car computer. The primary chip is located on a pcb on the rear of the glove box fuse panel. The main and backup chips are supposed to be always in communication with each other and when not, then bad things happen.

DISCO3.CO.UK - View topic - Instrument Cluster Speaker

At the bottom of page re the link below is a jpg of the rear of the instrument cluster. The rectangle in the top left is where the plug plugs in.

You should not have to totally remove the cluster; if you can access the plug just try resetting it. I presume it is just loose so pushing on it should reset it.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albu...D3_Speaker.pdf

The following users liked this post:
The_OGCJR (05-18-2023)