LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Locking Differentials & DSC Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:31 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR3 Locking Differentials & DSC Questions

Has anyone found an aftermarket locking differential setup for the LR3, such as ARB, Lock-Right, etc...? I have a 2005 SE V8 & would like to be able to do some more serious off-roading with, as the current electronic gadgets that are supposed to 'mimic' locking differentialsdon't cut the mustard.

I am running the 285/60 Nitto set up now & one of my close friends has a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with locking F&R differentials & STOCK tires (the Good Years...I think they are the ATS models, nothing real aggressive IMO) & he pulls me out of the snow all the time (probably about 25 times in the last 2 years). He, on the other hand, has only been pulled out of the snow by me one time.

Thought I'd mention that one of the other guys in our group just picked up a Defender 90...man, those things are cool.

One of the other guys that we run with has a Diesel Ram on STOCK tires with the rearlocking diff& somehow that thing never gets stuck. It's sad that I have this SUV with a great off-road reputation that can't seem to keep up with either of these two guys. I guess shame on me for not getting the heavy duty package, but now it's time to do something about it.

I know one option is to trade up to a newer LR3 with the locking rear differential, but to be honest, I'd much prefer to keep the one I have & set it up withFRONT AND rear lockers...if that is possible.

Also, the stock setup that uses the brakes quickly seems to overheat & I have had the trans overheat as well running in deep snow.

Is there a way to completely disable the electronic gadgets? I was thinking if I could cut power to it, and have a manual switch somewhere, I would be in better shape.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: LR3 Locking Differentials & DSC Questions

removed post wrong thread sorry

Old 01-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: LR3 Locking Differentials & DSC Questions

Gessler, I just posted on the other thread. However I forgot to mention that Lockers are particularly important when you expect cross axle articulation. Now that said, I have the HSE with the heavyduty package.My salesman tried to actually talk me out of it but I absolutely insisted on it knowing I would be off roading mine.I have gone off roading with the Land Rover guides during wheels eventsand over 20 other rovers and mine has made child's play out of obstacles that were making other LR3's work for their lunch only because (as the guides explained) mine has the heavy duty package. I hate to sound one sided on this one since I have the package but I swear by it on a stack of bibles!