LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Phone Enable (bluetooth)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LR3 Phone Enable (bluetooth)

The only source for workshop manuals is the subscription based Landrover Global Technical Reference. But the instalation instructions for the Bluetooth kit (and all other kit) are available on the same sight for free. On two occasions the instructions for the Bluetooth kit refernece the workshop manual. Well, it doesn't actually say that, it gives some hirogralyphics (sp?) of an eyeball looking at a book. The two items refer to removing the trim piece behind the front piece that surrounds the radio and the air con controls. It's not neccessary to use the manual, once you remove the radio and air con controls it's easy to see the 4 (I think) screws that hold in this next piece and the couple more clips. I paid the $12.00 or so to see the manual for 24 hours so that I could remove the drivers air bag. The "special tool" can be fashioned out of a metal coat hanger or other light steel rod. Make a hook, 90 deg. bend about 1/4 inches deep. Slip this into the rectangular slot on either side of the wheel, with the hook pointing back at the driver, engage the spring retainer and pull your hook outward. You'll see the unit pop out slightly, repeat on the other side, disconnect the wires and your done. To replace, reconnect the wires and push it back into position, no need for your special tool. Obviously, make sure you have followed the correct procedure to DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE STARTING THIS WORK.

Nothing for the Ipod on the radio only the aux. input.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:44 PM
4wd Low

Hello
I went to the dealer to order the kit however I was told that I also need to buy a voice controll unit that cost another $300 so everything will add up to $800. Do you know if LR3 has that voice controll unit already built in?

Old 10-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Overlanding

I pulled my invoice, here is what I bought:

qt. 1 part # VUB501152 Kit - Radio - Tele $346.92
qt. 1 part # XVJ500121 Control Assy - m $252.03

Old 10-03-2006, 12:05 AM
4wd Low

It sound like you had the same sitiutation '05 LR3 that did not come with BT. I just want to be sure you installed those two parts and you ware able to use the blue tooth, did you had to do anything else?

Old 10-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Overlanding

That's it.

If you buy this kit, you will see that a "leg" of the wiring harness terminates under the shifter. This would be the bundle that would go to the center arm rest cradle. The really cool fix would be to splice this end of the wiring harness into a data cable for your particular cell phone. You could then lead that cable to a much more convenient location, like the little bin under the ash tray. This would give you all of the phone functions on the radio display (if your radio has the phone icon) without the limitation of having to use just the phones for which LR accomodates.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:50 PM
4wd Low

Hello
I called the dealer for the pricing and they told me that two parts will cost me around $750 [sm=smiley6.gif]. Can you tell me where you ordered your parts so maybe I could go to the same place. Dealer also told me that before I order the parts to check if my LR3 doesn't have already installed the wire harness because some of them ware already shipped with it (part # VUB501152). I'm not sure if that is correct? Also do you have any diagram or instruction how to remove plastic around the radio console - this will be my next project I guess before I order the parts.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Overlanding

I bought from Land Rover South Dade, Miami Florida. The instructions for all of the Land Rover kit are on the Land Rover Owners websight, http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/e...prod/index.jsp Page through the list untill you see the phone kit. This is all of the instructions that you need to remove dash panels

Having the wiring harness already installed would make little difference unless the compsosition of the kit has been changed. You still need the steering wheel switch, microphone, control box, and the voice control module.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:39 AM
4wd Low

I looked over the instruction and the installation look very intensive, how long it took you to install this?

Old 10-12-2006, 01:26 PM
4wd Low

I called the dealer that you bought the part from and it turn out that the price of those parts increase
Now the ports cost
$484.16
$393.79

Old 10-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Overlanding

It took about 4 hours.

Quick Reply: LR3 Phone Enable (bluetooth)