LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 seat freezes when pulled all the way back

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR3 seat freezes when pulled all the way back

I have a 2008 LR3. I am tall with long legs and my wife is shorter with shorter legs. When I drive it i pull the seats all the way back so i can fit my legs in. Sometimes this freezes the seat when my wife tries to get back in and have the seats move closer. We wind up just replacing the fuse and all is good again... for awhile.

Is the fact that I am pulling it all the way back causing the fuse to break? Should I only pull it 90% back? Does extended it to its extreme's cause this problem? Could extending it fully back be bad for the seat, electrical, or fuse? It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make me wonder.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Old 11-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Blown fuse suggests a short. There's a lot under there - one of the computers I think - but see if any of the wires or wire loom have had their insulation rubbed/chaffed off expose the bare wire. It may be getting caught in the track.

Using the seat as its designed shouldn't cause an issue, since that's what it's supposed to do. Have you tried taking it all the way back and then forward an inch or so (so its not maxed out)? Give that a try and see if the problem persists.

Any idea how long I between fuse replacements, either time or cycles back and forth? Electrical gremlins can be difficult to troubleshoot.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:30 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I will check to see if any of the wires have been chaffed or have had their protective cover rubbed off. I have not tried to max it back and bring it back up. I'll give it a try. As for how frequently it happens... I'd say maybe once out of every 10-15 times I do it. That is a bit of a misnomer because this is my wife's LR3 and I normally drive my Defender. I maybe drive her LR3 once or twice in a month so maybe after 6-9 months does the fuse blow when I push it back.