LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Seats Won't Fold Down Flat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 12:17 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LR3 Seats Won't Fold Down Flat?

I have a 2006 LR3, and the middle row of seats do not fold down flush with the rest of the cargo space. I have watched multiple youtube videos on how to get them to fold down, but still having no luck. This sounds silly but are there certain LR3's that don't have this feature? Or potentially a mechanism that could be jammed?

I don't have the full user manual for this vehicle, as it was lost in the aftermath of a previous owner's wreck, so I am flying blind!

Trying to get them to lay flat so that I won't have to build a platform for camping this spring!

Old 04-15-2021, 01:03 PM
Mudding
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I don't know if these seats were ever designed 'not' to fold flat.

Have you tried the following - Underneath each seat, middle, front, there should be a black strap which is about 3 inches long. It hangs down towards the floor, so may not be immediately visible. Find this, for each of the 3 middle row seats. It is spring-loaded. Pull it, exactly horizontally. I.e. towards front of vehicle. This should release a 'catch', which then allows you to pull the seat slightly forward, and push it down to it's lowest point. You should hear a 'click', when it has reached it's lowest point. Pull it again, to release the catch, to move the seat back up again.

If this doesn't work, there is probably something wrong with the strap/spring/catch mechanism. In which case, fold the seats forward, from the top, so that you can see the whole mechanism, on the underside and below each seat, in order to diagnose.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 212 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by nevillusa
I don't know if these seats were ever designed 'not' to fold flat.

Have you tried the following - Underneath each seat, middle, front, there should be a black strap which is about 3 inches long. It hangs down towards the floor, so may not be immediately visible. Find this, for each of the 3 middle row seats. It is spring-loaded. Pull it, exactly horizontally. I.e. towards front of vehicle. This should release a 'catch', which then allows you to pull the seat slightly forward, and push it down to it's lowest point. You should hear a 'click', when it has reached it's lowest point. Pull it again, to release the catch, to move the seat back up again.

If this doesn't work, there is probably something wrong with the strap/spring/catch mechanism. In which case, fold the seats forward, from the top, so that you can see the whole mechanism, on the underside and below each seat, in order to diagnose.
Some early 5 seater models wont fold completely flat but will tilt forward instead.