LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mid trip and the AC quit

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mid trip and the AC quit

On our way back from Michigan and within the last several hundred miles the AC has stopped blowing as cold and it dosnt seem as if the fans are blowing full strength either

Old 07-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Mudding
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default stepper motors

The stepper motors that direct air to various vents and open or close the plastic flaps related to temperature control are known to be weak links in the HVAC system.

I would say that if you were to have codes read, there would be faults in the HVAC system regarding these stepper motors.

1) Not blowing as cold; all you would have to do is travel through a patch of warmer air and the auto temperature control would adjust warm and cold blend motors. Next thing you know cold air is being mixed with warm before exiting vents.

2) Fan not at full strength; Dash vs Footwell vs Defrost blend motor is redirecting air to separate vents rather than fully open Dash and fully closed Footwell/Defrost.

Other causes could be a leak in the refrigerant system meaning eventually you will have no AC (like I do right now, in the +30 degree Celsius heat ).

Or fan motor is on its last legs. Or AC condenser is clogged up or blocked and can't disperse heat. But my thought is stepper motors first, as every time I scan my truck these codes come up.