LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav/Audio question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 08:41 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav/Audio question

Hi all, I am new here and seriously considering buying a CPO 2005 LR3. If I get an lr3 with out nav, is it possible to add an aftermarket head unit (touchscreen alpine/pionner)? I only ask becasue the console seems strange and doenst look possible to do. I would like to add some more sensitve component speakers and a subwoofer, since i know nothing about rovers, i would like your input. Also anything else you can tell me about cpo 05 lr3 would help!!!

Old 08-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Nav/Audio question

I'd rather buy one of new widescreen nav units like MIO or Garmin ($300 nowadays) instead and spend the rest on audio upgrades.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Mudding

I gotta be honest, Ijust gotan '05 SE and the sound system is pretty freakin good! It has a sub and 8speakers. I really wanted an HSE with the additional 4 speakers, but am pleasantly surprised with the sound as it is.

Have you really listened to it?

Old 08-06-2007, 10:42 AM
4wd Low

No, I really havent....I was just assuming since most factory systems are not that good! How do you like your 05? I am searching for one at the moment and as soon as I find what I want (lighting package, Black, low miles, cpo) I will purchase it. How is your hloding up, any issues I should consider?

Old 08-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Mudding

I love good car audio (have another car withall JL audio equiptment) and I think the stereo sounds good. It even has a sub. You can adjust all the levels from the head unit.

I'm liking my '05 a lot. Fortunately whoever owned it before me took care of any of the typical issues and the dealer I bought it from also hadall of the recalls checked and corrected, so nothing I have found wrong with it yet. Just a slight delay in the transmission after a hard stop when I press on the gas again. That's it.

Don't fall for the CPO crap. They are all covered for 5yrs/50,000 miles no matter who you buy it from. I couldn't find what i wanted at any dealerships so i purchased from an independant dealer (all makes and models) and saved about $5,000 and got exactly what I was looking for. I had it shipped to me from North Carolina.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 AM
4wd Low

I have never owned a LR and I am kinda skeptical about not getting a CPO... Is the CPO really a gimmick? What doed it not cover? I really just dont want to buy a new car then 20k miles later it be out of warranty... Were you not worried about not test drivving the car before you bought it?

Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Mudding

The CPO is not a 'gimmick'. I'm sure they go over the car thoroughly and all, but you canbringany car to the dealer to have itchecked over. It's the same game that insurance companies play with trying to make you worried about the 'what if's'. I drove a few LR3's before buying mine,so i knew how they were. I didn't feel that buying a car with 30,000 miles on it would be a big risk. Worst casesenariowould bethat I had to bring it to my local LR dealer to have some of theitems covered under the standard warranty fixed. I havent had any problems so far or any need to go to my dealer. IMO it's well worth the money I saved and I got the color combo/options I wanted which the dealers were not able to locate in my price range.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:15 PM
4wd Low

yeah I may have to go the same route as you. I cant find exactly what I want anywhere down here in Fl. I have driven so I just need to find what I want. Did your seller ship it for you or did you it yourself?

Old 08-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Mudding

I negotiated the shipping into the price and the seller took care of it. If you want i can give you the dealer's contact info (he sells a lot on Ebay with not one negative review) and maybe he can find what you want.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
4wd Low

How long did it take to get it shipped to you? I have found one that I like, I am just wondering how I will work out selling my car for the down payment, then being with out a car till it gets here...

Quick Reply: Nav/Audio question