LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2023, 06:27 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with codes

Hey guys

I purchased an 06 Land Rover LR3 back in october and have slowly been trying to get it back driving condition. The original owner did not take care of the vehicle at all.

Here is a list of codes I am getting:
-B1D14-15 - Interior lamps 2 circuit - General electrical failure - circuit short to battery or open
(2E)
-P0171-00 - System too lean (bank 1) (AA)-P0174-00 - System too lean (bank 2) (AA)
-U0127-87 - Lost communication with tire pressure monitor module - Bus signal/message failure- missing a message (2E)
-C1A02-94 - Rotary encoder stuck in the intermediate position - Component failure - unexpectedoperation (2E)
-B1B74-00 - Front foot-defrost mode stepper actuator (2B)( on 29-04-2023 14:00:22 at 142206 km )-B1B75-00 - Front foot-face mode stepper actuator (2B)( on 29-04-2023 14:00:21 at 142206 km )-B1B76-00 - Front left air blend stepper actuator (2B)( on 29-04-2023 14:00:21 at 142206 km )-B1B77-00 - Front right air blend stepper actuator (2B)( on 29-04-2023 14:00:21 at 142206 km )-B1B82-00 - Rear air distribution stepper actuator (2B)-B1B83-00 - Rear air blend stepper actuator (2B)( on 29-04-2023 14:00:22 at 142206 km )

So far this is all I have done for the vehicle:
-Replaced both apillars and windshield cowl
-Replaced fuel cap
-Replaced cabin filter and air filter
-Replaced sparkplugs
-Replaced Thermostat
-Cleaned Throttle body
-Replaced both belts
-Fixed main brake line
-Replaced all control arms
-Replaced Pcv valve and hose
-Replaced MAF sensor (delphi)
-Replaced EGR valve and one of the hoses.
-Replaced throttle body gasket and added gasket sealant
-Replaced egr valve gaskets
-Replaced vvt gaskets
-Replaced all 4 O2 sensors
-Replaced air duct
-Added BG44k
-Charged battery

Its running a lot better than before, but definitely still not right. I went fishing this weekend and leaving the lake, the vehicle started but dropped in rpm, then caught itself before shutting off. I have an appointment with the shop to get fuel pump replaced, diagnose the vacuum leak, replace valve cover gaskets, camshaft solenoid seals, and passenger timing housing gasket. I would've done some of this, but I can only do so much in my garage. My husband has a jeep so I am getting a lot of hell on this vehicle and any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-09-2023, 06:46 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello there! Welcome fellow traveler. It sounds likes you’ve got quite the mess on your hands, but it seems like the previous owner left the sunroof open while it rained or you’ve got an leaking windshield… I’m still learning the ins and outs of the LR3 but after inheriting someone else’s project from auction there’s been no shortage of education. One of the things I’ve noticed is the amount of sealant used on the replacement windscreen. They wanted to make sure that sucker never leaked again. Since all of the electronics are front dead center you’re having an issue with I would start there with hunting down the cause of your problems. With the interior fuse panel being in the path of that running down hill after seeping into your cabin I would say you probably have some corrosion to clean out. The WD40 Job Specific Electronic Contact Cleaner has been a giant help for correcting some of the issues I’ve ran into.

If you need the service manuals I can share those.

Old 05-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The only one that are going to affect engine running are the "too lean codes". Focus on that. Your garage should be able to find the cause.
Stepper motor codes are related to the heating and AC system. Could possibly be due to corroded fuse box.
The best contact cleaner is Deoxit. Expensive but is what the professionals use.

The following users liked this post:
Dorel (05-09-2023)
Old 05-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Three Wheeling

Did you checkout the condition of your injectors while you had the plugs out?

Old 05-09-2023, 11:49 AM
4wd Low

I looked at my fuse box when I took the battery out to charge. Box seemed to be the cleanest thing on this vehicle. I checked the wires going in and out, didnt see any visible corrosion. Now, I did get water leaking into the passenger footwell, reason for me replacing the Apillars and windshield cowl. How can I check wires in that area to see if they were effected?

As for the injectors, I didn't look at them. At the time of changing the spark plugs, I didn't know I had the lean codes. The plugs were awful and due for replacement. The ignition coils seemed fine.
For the lean codes, these are the steps in order to fix it:
-PCV valve
-MAF sensor and air filter
-Throttle body gasket and egr valve gasket
-EGR valve
- O2 sensors
-air duct and other hoses mentioned above
-gasket sealant on throttle body gasket

The C1A02-94 code is the newest one and occurred this weekend when going down a dirt road. I did check my terrain response yesterday, cycled through each mode fine. But i have a suspension issue somewhere, because when I go into offroad height, it will not go back into normal, and I will get an message of being in extended mode.

Old 05-09-2023, 06:16 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I had to replace our terrain response module because the vehicle would not lower. Specifically the lowering switch did not work. If I had the vehicle in extended height I had to drive about 30mph for it to lower.

When I looked into the issue, it seems that some soda/coffee had gotten on the control board for the terrain response module and even after cleaning it still did not work. I purchased a used one from someone parting out an LR3 and saved about $150 over what they were going for on Ebay.

Old 05-10-2023, 09:49 AM
4wd Low

Sounds like I will be checking out some wires this weekend. I will look at replacing the Terrain Control Module and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks

Old 05-10-2023, 02:53 PM
Three Wheeling

I also currently have the issue of being able to raise but not to lower, I can’t lower even from the standard height and have to exceed 30 to lower it… going to clean it and see if it works.

One thing I’ve heard about Rovers were the plethora of electric problems.

edit*

Oh wait that was jaguars… oh wait..

Haha.

Last edited by Dorel; 05-10-2023 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts

The engine bay fusebox isn't where you should be looking for corrosion, unless it's cover was left off at some point. The main culprit you need to inspect is the CJB, the central junction box, located above the passenger footwell, and directly in the path of a windshield leak (as well as A pillar and sunroof drain leaks, which is the usual source of water intrusion problems there).
I would also inspect the control modules located behind the battery., along with their connectors - given your codes, though, it does't seem like you have a likely problem with those.

Originally Posted by DrBimmer11
I looked at my fuse box when I took the battery out to charge. Box seemed to be the cleanest thing on this vehicle. I checked the wires going in and out, didnt see any visible corrosion. Now, I did get water leaking into the passenger footwell, reason for me replacing the Apillars and windshield cowl. How can I check wires in that area to see if they were effected?

The following users liked this post:
LR3Donkey (05-11-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 01:15 PM
4wd Low

Well I took a look at the fuse box in the passenger footwell and looks good. Seems pretty clean. I took apart the center console and its dirty underneath but no obvious signs of corrosion or damage. A crazy thing did occur while cleaning, my radio started going without the key in or car turned on. Obviously there is an electrical issue but I got no idea where to start.

Quick Reply: Need help with codes