LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to LR3 - Simple questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 10:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default New to LR3 - Simple questions

Just picked up my boy a '07 LR3 with somewhat low miles.

Figured out how to sync the iPhone for phone, but know they cannot stream audio.

It has a aux button, but I don't see aux connection anywhere. Does anyone have any idea where it is?

Also, there is a strange connector of some sort under the center console lid. I've never seen a connector like that before. What is it. I would assume it is for some sort of phone. Is that the aux connection, and if so, what do you connect to it?

I want to stream bluetooth audio to the audio system. What is the best option for this?

The truck has fog lights, but I can't seem to turn them on. I pulled out on the light switch, but this didn't turn them on. What am I missing?

What are the largest tires I can put on this and keep from rubbing. I plan on running BF Goodrich KO2s

Lastly, one of the rear folding 3rd row seats won't click down. The spring loaded device that hold the little seat bar is gone in the hitch. Can you get just that part or do you have to replace the entire hitch.

Thanks for the input.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:15 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 460 Likes on 411 Posts

The AUX input jack is on the back side of the console monument. Best to access it from the second row.

You'll want to check the wiring on your fog lights or I suppose the bulbs, because that switch does indeed operate the fog lights. I'd start out by checking to see if the rear fog lights function (pull out twice on the same ****). If they don't it's probably the switch/wiring. I'm sure there is a fuse you can try changing, too.

Tires: I'd say 31s are as tall as you'd want to go, and 285 series are about as wide as you'd want to go, without any mods, to keep from rubbing. If you are going to off-road the thing and want to be able to go bigger, best suggestion is to get the IIDTool from GAP Diagnostics and set up a taller setting. Then you can go as large as 32" OD tires and not rub. I do that...and around town I stay in a stock height setting and do not rub. When I get to the trail head, I plug the IIDTool into the OBD2 port and select a pre-saved setting that is about 1.5" taller in all selected EAS heights. This approach alleviates any concern about stressing CV joints and axles since everything is stock except for the few miles that I'm actually on the trail.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:33 AM
Winching
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Best bluetooth streaming option is one of the $10-20 hockey-puck looking adapters you can buy on Amazon. Just plug it into the Aux port in the second row and the 12V port there too.

Most are the same basic (Chinese) internals with different packaging, but I have two and both work well. (https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Rec.../dp/B0168GBMCY)

The connector under the console lid is for an outdated Nokia phone. You can ignore it.

Last edited by djkronik57; 12-16-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 130 Likes on 119 Posts

What they said. Bluetooth options are varied and most work fine. Aux location is crap everyone just puts up with it. I removed my console connector dock thing and snipped the cable.

As for seat latch you can likely figure out a fix from a hardware store, otherwise post some pictures of the problem.