LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 06 SE

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me 06 SE

Picked up my new 06 LR3 last week. It's loaded, Cold Weather Pkg, Brush Bar, 7 seater, blah blah blah. They totaled my 02 Disco. I was rear ended sitting on the expressway at 35mph + by a lady not paying attention to the stopped traffic. Her Escape had the engine pushed back into the firewall. We all walked away thank goodness. Having some residual issues. I think because the truck was so solid it absorbed the entire impact and transferred it through me

Anyway Looking forward to learning about the LR3 here like I did my Disco with 90k. I loved that truck!! I just had the engine pulled and completely re-sealed in April after the HG's went. My mechanic said I'd get another 100-150k easy. On second set of brakes, replaced before I got it at 42K and still had 30% pad life left at 90k.

This truck is like night and day technology wise. My daughter is in love with the rear heated seats, so I had to buy it Anyway found out about the Bonnet Alarm Switch Issue over the past 3 days. Not good when your neighbors are trying to sleep. They replaced gratis, since they are still waiting on the insurance check for the down payment. Any word of wisdom, quirks, things to look out for? Can't believe the maint schedule is really so much less than the Disco. Are you guys really waiting to do your tranny and diffs that long?

Couple of shots for you:

Her Escape

Name:  herCar.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  20.5 KB

After I pulled away to the shoulder

Name:  hercar2.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  16.8 KB

My Rear Damage

Name:  MyCar.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  69.1 KB

Front where she pushed me 15' into the van in front - pissed just had my bar line-x'd and lights installed a few months ago. Saved the lights for the LR3.

Name:  front.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  52.7 KB

My New Baby

Name:  WhiteLightning.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  58.5 KB