LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me LR3 and a question

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 460 Likes on 411 Posts

...so you're talking about 56 RPMs.

That's not within tolerance and considered normal? Can you feel it? Or just see it on your tach? ...seems like a pretty small fluctuation, to me.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by houm_wa
...so you're talking about 56 RPMs.

That's not within tolerance and considered normal? Can you feel it? Or just see it on your tach? ...seems like a pretty small fluctuation, to me.
No my numbers were off its more like 100-150 rpm and I do feel it. Is a timing advance of ~45 normal?

Old 01-11-2016, 02:25 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 460 Likes on 411 Posts

Not sure...but someone on this forum will know.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 130 Likes on 119 Posts

Are you 100% sure the throttle body and butterfly valve are spotless? No codes from MAF? It was common for people to clean the MAF and then have it fail.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Drifting

Yes, I cleaned my throttle body spotless. It was not that dirty to say the truth.
I am not able to check for codes other then through the secret menu in my navigation screen. I'm saving to get the IID Tool .

Today I went ahead and got some BG 44K.
According to this thread LR recommends it RPM Issues (RPM goes up and down) - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum Unlike the OP in this post in idle my truck is fine.

I hope this issue goes away. I have read some threads that claim the Torque converter is failing. I hope that is far fetched.

Any one else have any ideas? Let's please keep this thread to the top and find and answer. I have found many people searching. Unfortunately threads with this issue don't contain the solution the OP would find.

Thanks

Old 01-19-2016, 10:50 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

I'm confused about your O2 sensor readings. Shouldn't they both be moving? And I really don't think your upstream sensor should be showing 0 volts.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:45 PM
Drifting

I think the data capture was not right, or the playback software I used did not know how to interpret the PIDs right.

As I have monitored the RPM bounce and or the surge I feel on the engine, seems to not be there if I do not choose to cruise control. It is as if the cruise control instigates it.

Regardless out of 10 cold drive I noticed the "occurrence as described" to be there without the cruise control.

I am puzzled big time.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't really paid attention on ours ('06 HSE) as the wife is usually driving it for work.
I will say this, in cold weather my Silverado pickup will do exactly what you describe. When warmed up, nothing. In warm weather, nothing.

I believe the owners manual even high lights it as "normal". It holds back on the shift points to get the fluids circulating. As the shift points are different the rpm's will kind of bounce around a little. Only does this when temp is really cold (teens or less). If I let it warm a few minutes before I drive it, it will not do it.

Next time I drive the 3 and it is cold out, I will see if ours does.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by LR3NJ
I haven't really paid attention on ours ('06 HSE) as the wife is usually driving it for work.
I will say this, in cold weather my Silverado pickup will do exactly what you describe. When warmed up, nothing. In warm weather, nothing.

I believe the owners manual even high lights it as "normal". It holds back on the shift points to get the fluids circulating. As the shift points are different the rpm's will kind of bounce around a little. Only does this when temp is really cold (teens or less). If I let it warm a few minutes before I drive it, it will not do it.

Next time I drive the 3 and it is cold out, I will see if ours does.
Let me know what you find out.
Oddly enough I have not used cruise control for a few weeks now at low speeds. The issue has to surfaced at all. Now at the same time I went through a tank with BG44k in it.

I am not sure but I am afraid to try cruising at low speeds and find out the syndrome come back.

Any thoughts?

Old 02-15-2016, 08:49 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I finally got to drive it yesterday.
It was 10deg out and I purposely did not let it warm up.

Started it and away I went and blew my theory at the same time.

Unlike my Silverado, the LR3 did not hesitate or hold back on its shifting at all even though it was so cold out.

Quick Reply: New to me LR3 and a question