LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A new one for me....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 07:05 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't replicate it but I can tell you that if you run a live values session with the tool and don't clear all the faults afterwards then you get the Christmas tree effect because some ECUs don't transmit values during a live session and these re interpreted as faults buy the others and it cascades

Old 02-02-2022, 05:53 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

@sh74 you said you had the same problem. Is that how you ran into it....by not clearing faults after a Live Values Session?

Old 02-03-2022, 02:37 AM
Three Wheeling

My problem started when two light bulbs blew and created a DTC. I changed the bulbs but I am not sure if I cleared the DTCs. Some time later I had the HDC light and EBA and ABS so I was told to change the battery and reset the BMS. During this time I sometimes had the IIDTool in and sometimes cleared and sometimes did live readings in a very undisciplined manner. A few days ago after many lights shows I noticed that the live reading can cause ECUs to not transmit and this leads others to think there are errors and it cascades. I had a light show, cleared the errors and the lights went out - all of them. So I am due to do some more tests today but I start to think the very presence of the tool many screw up the car sometimes and I am not sure if the clearing clearis all the errors including the ones leading to no lights (there is a choice of confirmed, pending etc) I don't know the structure of the software or how it works on either the car or the tool but I will dig into it and see if I can come to some conclusions. I am currently working on the assumption that the tool is a cause as well as a solution. However, clear all DTCs after a live session and don't run with the toll plugged in

Old 02-03-2022, 02:52 AM
Three Wheeling

Some say the reste clears everything but I am not sure it clears all DTCs in memory and to find out we would have to ask LR although you might get a more pleasant and intelligent response from my cat...

Old 02-03-2022, 05:34 AM
Three Wheeling

Actually I am working on the assumption that the tool is fine but the person using it isn't... :-)
I have asked GAP for clarification and will post their answer

The following users liked this post:
houm_wa (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 10:07 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

my experience may help. I recently did front control arm bushings and left the front of the lr3 in the air for about a week while I waited for parts etc. I did NOT disconnect the battery or pull the air sus fuse.

when i was done, it didn't want to raise back up (rear bags deflated to bumpstops while it was up in the front), and I had a myriad of faults. I jacked up the rear a little and the truck started filling the bags.

After I got the suspension at normal height, I still had faults so I disconnected the battery over night. Reconnected the battery the next day, and got faults quickly stating loss communication and air pump filling slowly.

So I cleared the faults with my I land tool and drove to get the alignment. Once that was done, I didn't get faults for a long while. I do have a front proportioning valve issue so i do get a bags filling slowly fault from time to time

Moral is I think that sometimes after working on the truck, If I don't disconnect the battery before lifting, the air suspension freaks out and has to be reset

Old 02-03-2022, 10:12 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 777 Likes on 651 Posts

COSitsWORTHit - do you have sensor rods installed? If so, that is why that happened. The system has no programing protocols that would generate a code even is slammed, it would just air up. But as we know, rods pushing the sensors out of range, past their limits. So the only way to get lift is to jack it up so the sensors read again and the system again knows where stuff is.

The following users liked this post:
The_OGCJR (02-05-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 09:14 AM
Three Wheeling

Sorry; false alarm. In my case the issue was not solved by clearing faults after a live session. I went 60 yards today and all hell broke loose - again....

Old 02-04-2022, 10:09 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

Ugh....full boat? Like, hazards flashing? Temp Gauge not working? All that?

Old 02-04-2022, 10:34 AM
Three Wheeling

ABS, HDC, EBA, gearbox fault, check engine, EPB, fuel low, no special programs, speedo not working fuel gauge not working, system error, battery fault, limp mode etc etc
Cleared the faults but IID Tool would not always connect or clear faults (update failed). After a few goes, everything cleared and all is back to normal - until the next time no doubt

I am at my wits end

Quick Reply: A new one for me....