LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie with questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 05:45 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with questions

We (my wife) are the proud new owners of an '07 Lr3. It has 57K miles and seems to be in good running shape. I am a DIY for all of the basic
maintenance, Oils, filters, brakes, etc. It's worked out well on my '06 BMW so far. But I do need some help getting started. I have searched for most of my queries, but I still have some left.
1. Where to get a Service manual, and owners manual?
2. Is there someone on this site that is connected to a Land Rover Dealer to get OEM parts from? Seems like there's a sponsor on most forums that can get the real stuff at a decent price.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Quinten
We (my wife) are the proud new owners of an '07 Lr3. It has 57K miles and seems to be in good running shape. I am a DIY for all of the basic
maintenance, Oils, filters, brakes, etc. It's worked out well on my '06 BMW so far. But I do need some help getting started. I have searched for most of my queries, but I still have some left.
1. Where to get a Service manual, and owners manual?
2. Is there someone on this site that is connected to a Land Rover Dealer to get OEM parts from? Seems like there's a sponsor on most forums that can get the real stuff at a decent price.

Welcome from another member that's new to LRs, but interested in minimizing surprises.

I'd suggest both eBay and salvage yards for manuals.

The parts people will surface within a few hours of reading this and other LR forum threads.

Suggestion: do an inspection of your tranny fluid and then replace it (your truck is due, regardless of factory statements). My 2007 with 48K has fluid that looks like expresso and smells like you left the burner ON until the coffee boiled off.

The PPI never caught that, because they don't check fluid on...ahem, "never-fill" transmissions.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Here is a link to free download of the entire shop manual and owner manual set for the LR3, do this late at night so you can leave it on the PC running, takes a while.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...light=download

Also see attached service list and other items from the manual, this is the level you can expect in it.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
maintenance schedules.pdf (544.6 KB, 187 views)
File Type: pdf
description & operation.pdf (1.26 MB, 191 views)
Old 10-21-2012, 01:04 PM
4th Gear
Default Good luck

Quinten, good luck with the LR3. I also just purchased an 07 LRS with 33K this week. Question for you. How much noise does the tranny / diffs make just driving down the road. The 'hum' coming from underneath my car at any speed is noticeable from within the vehicle. I sense this is normal but would sleep better at night knowing other LR3's are doing the same thing. How is your your's? Thanks.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

www.bputah.com
www.roverparts.com

between the above two you should be able to find most of what you want. your dealer can get you anything else, but it's quite pricey. There are some guys here that specialize in parting out land rovers, so if you need something in particular just give the board a shout.

Welcome!

Old 10-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Overlanding

Patmac99, I will pay attention next time I'm driving, but yesterday believe it or not I made a comment to my wife about how smooth this tranny shifts. I have not noticed any unusual noiseness coming from the tranny.

Last edited by Quinten; 10-23-2012 at 10:16 PM.