LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD2 diagnostic tools

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Yeah, I had read about that and decided I wasn't sure I wanted the red light.... so I was attempting to just update to the newest for 2006 models. I chose wrong.

I'm not 100% sure on the software selection logic. The BBS forum seems to imply that you need to match the hardware and assembly numbers.... but when pulling info from my current modules, that have code I haven't updated yet, some of the software already loaded on them doesn't match the hardware or assembly numbers on Genesis. I think sometimes land rover may install new code and it changes the hardware or assembly number, even though it is physically that same module.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that's what the "legacy" assembly number is for - if the original gets "upgraded" by a software update....

Like I said, I keep looking at the files for the IPAC needed and then just decide to run away. It's not broken so I'm not in a hurry to fix it.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI, the firmware for the NanoCom was updated today to allow saving of the CCF from the vehicle to the SD card. Work is apparently underway to allow Genesis to accept it and store it.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by stmcknig
FYI, the firmware for the NanoCom was updated today to allow saving of the CCF from the vehicle to the SD card. Work is apparently underway to allow Genesis to accept it and store it.
Nice. I installed it this morning, but I didn't realize it added that new feature. I'll have to give it a try soon. I've been hesistant to use the CCF editor, because the "as-built" for my VIN seems to have some settings that don't make sense for how my LR3 is equipped. Now I'll be able to take a snap shot of how it is currently! Exciting news. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:40 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many thanks for your kind comments of appreciation chaps

Work is apparently underway to allow Genesis to accept it and store it.
to give a bit more detail, another working day or two should see the Genesis part implimented

As ever nothing is as simple and straight forward as it might seem.

EG, The new "AS IS" function effectively creates a "by VIN" library listed in date order, however consider if someone errantly or maliciolously enters the wrong VIN number when uploading a file

Jafir, It can be hard to keep up with the current development pace, even the next upgrade is but days away and with even more new features etc, but there are change logs and forum posts to help

What is potentially more interesting was I think the original plan for Genesis which was to permit your vehicle to be updated or reviewed by someone with more skills, via a remote connection. So if you weren't very comfortable with the idea of CCF editing, you could allow someone else to do it for you whether they were down the street or half way round the world. I'm sure that's still a gleam in Colin's eye somewhere down the road....
stmcknig
On first announcing Genesis and the endless possibilites, including this one some years ago, the response made it clear to me that it was too advanced, and way ahead of it's time and the current market place.

It needed toning down, re packaging and the capability being introduced more slowly and subtly and at a more appropriate time ;-)

EG, Jafir could easily give you his "AS IS" file or his VIN number, giving you access to his "AS BUILT" file so you could modify either via Genesis, and return him a file that he uses his Evo to write to his vehicle for a fee or a favour

There is always more than one way to skin a cat

Warmest Regards

Colin