LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd power window problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 02:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Odd power window problem

Looking to see if anyone else has ran into this problem and if so what the fix was. So here is the issue, the RR power window will go down just fine with the master switch but does not go back up with the master switch but will go up just fine with the switch in the RR door. The LR window has a similar issue, it goes down fine with the master switch but when rolling up it is very slow when using the master switch but does fine when using the switch in the LR door. If anyone has any insight into what the issue is that would be great. I’m thinking it might be the master switch itself but they aren’t cheap and most places won’t take back an electric part once the package is open.

Old 09-25-2019, 01:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts

I currently have that same problem - but just the RR not going up from the driver switch. All other switches/functions work fine.

Sadly, I just haven't taken the time to open it up and inspect, but I assumed it is the master switch.
At best, maybe just a wire inspection, cleaning?

There are some aftermarket ones available for $30-40 and was tempted to try one if cleaning doesn't work.
Or of course, used/junkyard with unknown functionality.

Between the 2 of us, whoever gets to it first can reply with the fix and be the grand winner.
Or maybe someone else can post who has been there and done that.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by douglastic
I currently have that same problem - but just the RR not going up from the driver switch. All other switches/functions work fine.

Sadly, I just haven't taken the time to open it up and inspect, but I assumed it is the master switch.
At best, maybe just a wire inspection, cleaning?

There are some aftermarket ones available for $30-40 and was tempted to try one if cleaning doesn't work.
Or of course, used/junkyard with unknown functionality.

Between the 2 of us, whoever gets to it first can reply with the fix and be the grand winner.
Or maybe someone else can post who has been there and done that.

Well I'm going out of town for 2 weeks so I won't have time to try and diag it till at least the second or 3rd week of October. I'm probably going to pull the master switch and see how the wires and connections look first and go from there.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:53 PM
Winching
Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts

Have not looked at the wiring diagram yet. I will try to get back before the end of the day, BUT it sounds like the master switch in the drivers door is not making full connection when in the down position.

You could try taking it apart and confirm the contact are clean, or just replace it.

Hope this helps

Jeff

Old 09-26-2019, 05:21 PM
Winching
Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts

The wire diagram page 214 titled glass, frames and mechanisms shows that
the master switch RR down is pin 4 of Connector C0343. It is a slate (grey) and orange wire.

It runs to pin 6 of connector C0732 in the switch of the RR door. The down wire from the RR switch to the motor is pin 7 of same connector and it is a slate and red wire.

Note that the master switch has an isolator which is controlled by pin 3 and pin 7 of connector C2654 both slate and yellow colored wires.

Check continuity of the wires. (or just replace the switch in the drivers door, chances are that the problem).

Jeff

The following users liked this post:
douglastic (09-27-2019)