LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Offroad lights

Old 01-31-2015, 08:43 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

That D4 looks nice, too. Honestly, the only things I covet from the LR4 are the engine and the doors. ...oh and the truly integrated wood paneling instead of the crummy glue-on kind.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:13 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Not the new V6?

Regarding engine, I assume that you are referring to the 5.0, litre, not the new small econ V6 unit that Land Rover refuses to admit to.

You may note that on the rear of the new LR4's, (at least up here), there is no reference to an engine any longer, (nor in the dealer showroom either).

In the UK etc, where they have the various diesels, it is not an issue but here .... - well there is talk of bringing diesel Stateside but until then ....

I also like the door panels but still prefer our dash layout and separate displays for Nav and Radio - and the round analogue clock is nice as well.

I am not so keen about the missing oil dipstick either - bad enough not to have a transmission dip stick, but no engine oil one either!

I guess I like my 3.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:27 AM
Camel Trophy
Default V8

Yes indeed, I meant the 5.0.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:05 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unseenone
In order to wire that up, you also need to tell the vehicle it is installed by programming the computer. It's a good setup. Do you need the installation instructions for the factory kit, maybe that would be a good place to start. If you need the factory installation manual, drop me a PM w/e-mail and I'll send it to you.
Hi
Could you help me with the installation instructions please? I have been trying to find them...

Last edited by Oystein Bjerkeli; 11-15-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Factory picture instructions attached.

I assume you read my post #4 on page 1 and reviewed the link within.

Here is another link to the hookup that refers back to my post #4 link.

How to add the factory Driving Light switch to your aftermarket driving/fog lights

The attached pdf below is the factory picture instructions.
You can download it and then print it out.

Attached Files
Old 09-23-2020, 01:03 AM
4wd Low

Aloha. Has anyone noted where one may find the mounting brackets for the driving lamps?

I have seen them factory installed and searched for the part number but come back with nothing.

Old 09-23-2020, 11:47 AM
Camel Trophy

Have you checked the usual places like Lucky8 or Roverland Parts? If you struck out there, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and hit up the Dealer Parts Dept.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:43 AM
2nd Gear
Default Mr

Originally Posted by unseenone
In order to wire that up, you also need to tell the vehicle it is installed by programming the computer. It's a good setup. Do you need the installation instructions for the factory kit, maybe that would be a good place to start. If you need the factory installation manual, drop me a PM w/e-mail and I'll send it to you.
Please can I have a copy of the instructions?
Thanks

Old 03-13-2021, 01:23 PM
6th Gear
Default Swap out lights?

Originally Posted by bbyer
I assume you read my post #4 on page 1 and reviewed the link within.

Here is another link to the hookup that refers back to my post #4 link.

How to add the factory Driving Light switch to your aftermarket driving/fog lights

The attached pdf below is the factory picture instructions.
You can download it and then print it out.
My LR3 has the A-Bar with the driving lights installed, factory button to the left of the vent that’s tied into the high beams...all that.
Do we think it would be a pretty straightforward process to swap out these older lights with newer LEDs? I don’t need to add anymore lights, but would like to make these a little brighter for night time driving on country roads.

Old 10-27-2021, 05:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Spot light

Originally Posted by bbyer
I presume then you have two factory auxiliary lights kind of located on top of the bumper per below and now two of your own installed on the roof rack.

By EU law and maybe North America law as well, auxiliary road headlights can only be illuminated with the factory high beams also on. In other words, you are not supposed to drive on a legal road with only the aux lights illuminated.

Also all aux lights are supposed to go off when low or dipped beam is selected.

A bigger question is how are you going to run some power wires up to the rack lights? The answer is not an easy one.

I do not know how many amps the factory setup is designed for, hence tapping that circuit at the output might not be a good idea.

Also you will still need a separate switch; probably the best bet is to install a second factory switch, and attach to some of the first factory switch conductors but do it such that both switches operate independent of each other - it should be doable; the hardest part will be to find a location for the second switch.
Hi BByer,

I've reached out before but did not get an answer, I was just trying to find out what type of spot light that you had in the photo shown in the post, i'm trying to get some lights with a grid at the front and like the look of these.

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Erick