LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Option on LR3

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 03:55 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Option on LR3

I have an order in for an LR3 and would like opinions on some of the options. Can anyone give opinions of the following options:

1. Rear Climate Control - Is it necessary? Is climate pretty equal throughout vehicle without it?
2. Cooler box?
3. What is the convenience package?
4. Is adaptive front lighting worth the extra $450?

Thanks

Old 01-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Option on LR3

Well, I do not own a vehicle with such items, so can't really comment, though I do have the cooler box in my 90, and that was great when we were travelling around europe in the hot summer... always had cold drinks and chocolate.. (chocolate very important !!! )

Old 02-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Rear climate - I can't say since I sit up front!

The cooler box isn't available yet is it? I think I saw that it wasn't going to be available until Spring.

Convenience Package - 35/30/35 split rear seats if you have 5 seat LR3, plus I think you get another passenger cup holder for the front seat passenger. If you have 7 seats then you get the rear split anyway. The ability to drop the centre seat is useful for rear visibility plus you get a rear seat platform that you can use as an inside table. For $300 it was a no-brainer for me.

Graham

Old 02-22-2005, 04:10 PM
jzk
7th Gear

I just bought my LR3 on Thursday. I didn't order it, so I picked from what they had. Mine pretty much has everything:

1. Rear Climate Control - Is it necessary? Is climate pretty equal throughout vehicle without it?

- I agree. Mine came with it, as I hear they install this on the ones they make with the third row seating. Third row was a must for me.

2. Cooler box?

- I have the Cooler box. It works, but I doubt I would have ordered it.

3. What is the convenience package?

- Not available with the third row seat.

4. Is adaptive front lighting worth the extra $450?

- Adaptive front lighting seems to be a gimick. Mine came with this. If you have the Xenon headlights, you light up so much area that it is hard to see how the lights moving around would help any. It is cool to watch the beams go left and right when you turn, but I am not sure it really adds anything. The Xenon headlights are wonderful though.

Old 03-03-2005, 06:27 PM
1st Gear

Hello, this is my first post but it may help. I have had an LR3 HSE since the first week of December. I don't think the rear heating package is necessary unless you have the third row of seats, which I do. Circulation should be fine without it for two seats.

When I got my truck the front seat cooler and the movable front lights were not available. However, I don't think I would have been as interested in the cooler as I would have been the lights. I don't really do off-roading except taking my canoes in and out of small dirt roads, crossing creek beds and shallows, etc. Nothing that most of you guys would call exciting. But because the roads (big trails) twist, turn and are abruptly up and down I would have definately preferred to have the lights. However, the lateral spread of the lights without movement is so much greater than that of my 1990 Jeep Cherokee that it is still pretty nice.

In the owners manual there are directions for the cooler, and it speaks of time limits, need to keep dry when not using etc. I probably would not always be prompt about that kind of thing and would probably end up with rust in a few years. So....for me that probably would not have been a good option had it been available at the beginning.

The convenience package is, I think, some extra cup holders and lights. I could be wrong about that and if I am, I'll repost.

One thing that you didn't ask about is the little beeper that goes off in reverse. This I really like and it saves an awful lot of bending, turning, etc.

Hope this helps.

John

Old 03-10-2005, 01:33 PM
jzk
7th Gear

" I probably would not always be prompt about that kind of thing and would probably end up with rust in a few years. "

I agree, but I wonder if it will be hard to keep it from getting moldy.

Old 03-25-2005, 07:18 PM
6th Gear

As to the cooler box, I got mine since I wanted a car in stock and it had all of the other features I wanted. One note, it does not turn off automatically when the engine is turned off, and the indication light for the cooler box is under the center padded lid and can't be seen when closed. The manual says that it will shut off if the battery gets low, but that strikes me as a dangerous option. On the other hand, my kids love the idea of having a cool drink available on our usual long weekend drives...if only there were a built-in toilet...

Old 04-10-2005, 04:22 PM
2nd Gear

i am new to this forum so be gentle. We have just over 100 miles on our lr3. it has the adaptive lights, it does sound like a gimmick but it does work somewhat what i also notice is that when the lights turn on is that they do a cool litttle dance if you will. we had to take it with this option because of the other options we wanted and we got the cooler box which i could've done without. the xenon's seem brighter when you arent directly in the vehicles path. What i mean is when my wife was behind me in the lr3 on the way from the dealer( and i drove 2.5 hours to get this rover by the way) when she was in a lane over the xenon's seemed brighter but directly behind me they didnt seem so bright. we have had two other cars with xenon's and it doesnt do this. the adaptive help slightly in my opinion which is nice because on my street its dark as you turn the corner and my neighbor has kids who like to play outside after dark. they can see me coming and i can see them. i also can see aparked car better on that corner. maybe where they will come in handy is a dark trail in the middle of nowhere. once again its a matter of opinion but it wasnt a deal breaker or selling point for us either. also jsut a last bit of info i hear a metallic rattle under the car in the back i found out the problem. is this metal pendulum looking thing that is on all four sides of the vehicle it doesnt have a rubber or plastic stop like the other rear side so in it will go tommorow. no big deal but in case you hear a rattle like mine crawl under and look near the outlet of the muffler(s) and swing the thing back and forth if you hear a clang its missng a stop like mine. all in all the car is fine and we love it. still the best 4x4 by far period.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:45 PM
jzk
7th Gear

"One note, it does not turn off automatically when the engine is turned off, and the indication light for the cooler box is under the center padded lid and can't be seen when closed."

My cooler box seems to only stay on for a set time after leaving the vehicle. Thus, if I have some bottled water or something, it will get warm. Then it takes a bit to cool down. I wish I could keep it on longer, as it has never made an issue with the battery.

I didn't think much of the cooler box when I got the vehicle, but now I love it.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Recovery Vehicle

my dad has an lr3 hse. it has everything except the cold weather package. if you don't have the key in the ignition, you can turn on the radio. again, ignition off, how long does it stay on? i assume five minutes, but i don't have five minutes to spare to find out. lol

Quick Reply: Option on LR3