LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking Brake Circuit Transmission Fault - 2008 LR3

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 09:06 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Parking Brake Circuit Transmission Fault - 2008 LR3

Was hoping to not have a week where something wasn't wrong with my LR3 and it totally pulled through! Out of the blue I now have a transmission fault that is saying parking circuit fault. Read through some threads and did the following. I definitely needed a new battery as the one I had would not hold a charge and was 11.9 or lower every am. Put a new battery in and problem still persists. When I try the "turn the headlights on first" trick I get no fault. That is the definition of insanity... Any thoughts on where I should go from here? When shifting into drive the shifter definitely feels tight. Cheers.

Old 09-25-2021, 03:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FIXED. Well sort of. Haven't completed the fix yet but I know what it is and it was affecting 2 items. The transmission fault and the windshield wipers. So if you're having those issues try this. Slightly turn your key in the ignition just prior to what would start it. I have something loose/worn out in my ignition cylinder. When I turn it slightly more the wipers work and the shifter console lights up as it should. Woohoo! Now to find the fix... None of the regular suppliers seem to have these.