LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phillips Land Rover in Virginia Beach, VA

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phillips Land Rover in Virginia Beach, VA

I bought mine at Carmax, got the extended warranty (LR) from them (Phillips), and it provides for a rental (up to $50/day for 6 days) for covered repairs. Which is why they give you the LR loaner then charge LR corp. for the $50/day. I would have gotten the loaner yesterday, if i had purchased it before turning the car in for service (it was 7:30am when I dropped it off and the Finance Manager wasn't in).

I got Exclusionary coverage, and there is basically, almost nothing that is not covered having read through it (inc. fluids and other wear out items if part of another repair & all the factory installed electronics- GPS & Nav) which weren't in my MB Factory ex-warranty. It also provides road hazard coverage on tires (prorated for wear at time with $0 deduct). Its the LR Assured program the advertise on their website in the warranty part for Certified Pre-Owned.

It can also be transfered if you sell to private individual or company (Mb had to be private only) or cashed out (remaining term) even if the vehicle is declared a complete loss (insurance wise).

The finance manager worked straight out of the LR book so I know he didn't mark it up any (confirms the call I had with LR USA). To be eligible (and you're not the original owner) you have to have 12 months and 12,000 miles left on the original warranty. Even so you have to get inspected and an oil change (since I was there for the 30,000 it didn't matter).

You can get different deductibles, but the pricing pushes towards the $100 (extra $1400 for $0 and only $400 less for a $200 deductible) per visit, so wait for a couple of things if possible.

He priced two versions for me, both are from date of initial entry into service (delivery date to original owner):
7yr/ 85,000mi for $3824 (not positive about the tens and ones place values)
7yr/ 100,000mi for $4,094.88

They also offer one through a third party, AUL which had $0 deductible, had equivalent terms and was a couple hundred cheaper. Not sure about how extensive their items covered was compared, but it handled the major mechanical components. I felt more secure in going with the corporate one as I've had other dealer (different states) ask about who the extended warranty was with and they visible changed expressions [sm=Awwww.gif] when I said the manufacture vs a 3rd party (this was with MB).

Jay Brain, Finance Manager, was open, relaxed and straight forward about it all.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Overlanding

Thanks again.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Three Wheeling

No prob.

I'll be interested to know what you do and if you go with Phillips on anything (car or ex-warranty) I'd be interested to know your experience and impressions as well.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Overlanding

Will do. I am very interested in their VIP loaners for sale...just not the $47k price.
I have some time before I buy so I am doing all the research now.
Looked at an 06at Carmax the other day and was impressed with its condition but am looking to get an 07 or 08 if I can.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Three Wheeling

fyi.
Carmax in Fredricksburg has an 07 HSE, Silver with 6k miles for $44,849

http://www.carmax.com/dyn/factsheet/...eet.aspx?KNo=3

and an 07 Grey SE with 6k miles for $42,450 in Nashville

I had mine transfered in from NC

Old 02-01-2008, 04:18 AM
Overlanding

Thanks. Those are some good deals at Carmax. So now that you have the LR ext warranty you bought from Phillips.... they will give you a loaner even if you are just in for an oil change?? Thanks again.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Three Wheeling

Back in again today (the infamous leaking sunroof).

Arrived 7:30 and was out, in a loaner (08 LR3 SE) in less than 15 min (actually got back across the water by 8:05).
They were obviously efficient, but at no time did I feel rushed.

Got to say I'm pretty happy with them, much more than my last dealer (MB).

Old 02-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Overlanding

Thanks for the update. Was this the first time you had the sunroof leak??

Old 02-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Three Wheeling

First time for me. Don't know about before that though, as I'm the second owner. [&:]

Did find out that the windshield had been replaced at some point in time, and that the throttle control unit update had already been preformed.

All was covered by warranty and a good experience with them (Phillips).

Old 05-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Overlanding

Have yet to pull the trigger on the LR3. I am waiting on a few things to line up before I buy.
Just checking in to see how your LR3 is holding up andhow Philips Land Rover service has been.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Phillips Land Rover in Virginia Beach, VA