LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential LR3 Owner. Need answers

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:02 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential LR3 Owner. Need answers

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to get either an 06 or an 07 LR3...... However I had a couple of questions

1) Are there any major differences beween the 05, 06, 07, and 08 LR3? Or is it mainly cosmetic changes?

2) Extended Warranties. If I get a used LR3 I will be getting an extended warranty. I read thru some of the threads, here, and I am still confused as to what the best route would be. Is it better to get it from LR or can I get one thru Ford?

Also are the LR Warranties fixed price, or can we haggle on them?

Thanks everyone!!

SH

Old 01-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Potential LR3 Owner. Need answers

ORIGINAL: ouch99

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to get either an 06 or an 07 LR3...... However I had a couple of questions

1) Are there any major differences beween the 05, 06, 07, and 08 LR3? Or is it mainly cosmetic changes? Mostly cosmetic. Very few and very minor changes.

2) Extended Warranties. If I get a used LR3 I will be getting an extended warranty. I read thru some of the threads, here, and I am still confused as to what the best route would be. Is it better to get it from LR or can I get one thru Ford? FActory warranties will always be the best warranty, although the most expensive. They are NOT fixed price as they can certainly be hagled along with the vehicle price as a package. Ford is a good option for those of us that can't or wont pay the fatcory prices for warranty which can be in eccess of 5-6k these days.

Also are the LR Warranties fixed price, or can we haggle on them?

Thanks everyone!!

SH

Old 01-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Three Wheeling

I'd relate my experience (I purchased used and got a LR extended warranty), but that was before the sale of LR. While I know the terms are still honored (and did not change) I do not know if a new one now would be different.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:07 AM
2nd Gear

Well this week has been busy test driving LR's. Test drove a new LR2 and LR3 and test drove a 05 LR3. Well decided on getting a LR3.... so I have a broker shopping for me at the auctions and hoping to get a good deal on a 06 or 07 HSE......

I was very impressed with the 05 that I drove. Seemed to hold up quite well and I really couldn't tell the difference between the 09 and the 05.

Talking with the dealers, I learned some more about LR warranties, and I was specifically trying to find out what they considered wear and tear, and what was not. Some of them said that useal wear and tear items (brakes, tires, belts, etc...) were not covered, and that everything else was. Another dealer stated that only the major electronic components were covered.

Also, regarding using premium fuel, one of the sales people said that there dealeship states that you can use mid grade fuel at sea level or lower elevations, however recommend premium fuel at higher elevations.

Anyways, I was pretty impressed with my first test drives, and cannot wait to get one!!

SH

Old 01-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Use premium, period. You get less milage when you use lower octane gas, so it will even out at the end anyway. Just use premium.