LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear CV Axle help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 11:40 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear CV Axle help

So I’m having trouble putting back in the rear driver CV axle shaft. I have it in but it’s still needs about another inch click in. Please advise

Old 12-28-2021, 12:29 PM
Winching
Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts

Partially screw on the big bolt onto the axle so it is flush with the outside of the axle. Make the excel so it is as straight as possible. Then give it some taps with a mallet. Of course make sure you feel the splines are lined up before doing this.

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-28-2021, 04:39 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a bunch. I did that and still couldn’t get it all the way in. I was hitting it so hard I bent the end with the screw on it. I ordered another one that should be here in a few days. I had the axle pretty much straight when I was hitting it but maybe not straight enough. I was doing the whole thing by myself. And only had the knuckle attached by the upper control arm to give me more space to work with. I undid the swaybar also for more room and then use a ratchet strap to help lift the bottom of the knuckle up. Maybe I just need someone to help me lift the knuckle/rotor up so I can get a better aligned. I even tried pushing it in with my air hammer and still nothing i’ve done the front CV axles multiple times and always got pushed in with ease. Taking it out was usually harder haha. thanks!