LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the relash module for coil springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default the relash module for coil springs

hello friends...
January, 2023! Are there new options for dealing with the suspension module after doing a coil spring changeover on a 2006 LR3? The Three that I bought already had the coils done on it, but without an accompanying module. I know Atlantic British carries the module (and harness kit), and that Dunlop (UK) is a manufacturer of that kit. Are there other less expensive options at the moment?

And I should ask if that "chime" has a way of being neutralized?? (I could almost live with the lack of special options... but the chime might drive me around the bend!)
glad for your replies!

Sorry... title should read "the Reflash module for coil springs"

Last edited by rob bartleman; 01-23-2024 at 07:58 PM. Reason: title is incorrect!
Old 01-24-2024, 12:32 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 211 Likes on 185 Posts

There are no other options for that module and even then they are hard to find for a reasonable price. I would have thought that disabling EAS in the CCF would have the same affect but obviously not since there are modules required for this.

Old 01-24-2024, 09:14 AM
Drifting

I expect you are right, Loanrangie. I mean to continue my search for a reflash module that costs less than a full set of tires usually cost. My current technical obstacle is that the truck needs to be inspected for safety before I can register the truck. In Manitoba that means there can be no "lights on the dash," not even trivial ones like the brake pad sensors, or TPMS. So the Three Amigos has to be dealt with. If someone knows of a way to deal with the "chime", I would be glad to disable it!

Old 01-25-2024, 04:37 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 717 Likes on 603 Posts

I still do not understand how there is not some config in the CCF that would resolve this versus needing a module. I mean I would think unplugging the EAS module and editing the CCF would be enough based on how so much more can be edited without issue.

Old 01-25-2024, 05:07 PM
Drifting

That sounds true to me, DT. I have held off ordering the Blackbox Solutions scanner, but having to resolve this issue tips the scales. (When the one supplier I have located so far wants USD 600 for their kit, the $900 or so price for the BBS scanner becomes a bargain. CCF editing is uncharted waters for me; but an email to Cypress should disclose whether their scanner is capable of this edit. Thank you for your suggestion!

Old 01-28-2024, 07:28 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by rob bartleman
That sounds true to me, DT. I have held off ordering the Blackbox Solutions scanner, but having to resolve this issue tips the scales. (When the one supplier I have located so far wants USD 600 for their kit, the $900 or so price for the BBS scanner becomes a bargain. CCF editing is uncharted waters for me; but an email to Cypress should disclose whether their scanner is capable of this edit. Thank you for your suggestion!
Better of with the Gap tool as its cheaper and just an easier unit to use.

Old 01-29-2024, 10:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

Fixing this issue for the community is one of my priorities over the coming year. I will be data logging all communications to and from the ride level control module, and seeing what it will take to hack that system to emulate a functioning air suspension. Then ideally coming up with a plug and play circuit board/module add on box that does NOT cost a ridiculous amount and is readily available. Whether you're buying a whole set of coils/shocks etc at the same time or not.

I love the air suspension in these, but I like having a choice even more.

I get that Atlantic British/Dunlop have no incentive to make the box available on its own as they want to sell the entire solution and have no competition currently.

This isn't happening in the next month or two, but over the course of the next year, I hope to have beta versions to send out to you guys for testing.

If any of you have ideas or requests around this, PLEASE post them here. AB has had a monopoly on this long enough I'd say. Let's make something happen - I certainly won't be able to do it without you guys.

Old 01-29-2024, 11:48 AM
Drifting

In my books you get a hundred cosmic brownie points for this undertaking you have in mind!! My skillset couldn't even touch this kind of project.... so I am not sure how I could be of much "help"......but Winnipeg has an informal LR3 club, and there are four of us who have coils, and no reflash modules. Serving as beta testers would be terrific. (And being customers for your module would be excellent!)

Old 01-29-2024, 11:59 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

Haha thanks so much man! Yeah, it's kind of a big undertaking when I've got customer vehicles lined up out my door and am turning away work already.
But - somebody's got to do it, right?
While I'm still in the planning stages, if you guys want to talk about what you would be looking for beyond turning off air susp. etc fault lights when running coils that would be a good place to start.

The module could also just have a quick kill switch to disable the air suspension, kind of like pulling the fuses does when it's trying to drop you down to the ground in fault mode, and you need it to stay aired up to get home, that sort of thing....

The following users liked this post:
loanrangie (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 06:39 PM
Pro Wrench

I love the EAS and will never convert to coils but for those that do an alternative module would be a blessing i think, good luck with it.

The following users liked this post:
DakotaTravler (01-29-2024)

Quick Reply: the relash module for coil springs