LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced compressor and it wont run

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 08:14 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Replaced compressor and it wont run

Old compressor was faulting pressure increase too slow. Amk... Just recently got the rover and already replaced, all height position sensors, o rings in all blocks, cleaned all connections with crc spray and dielectric on all harnesses, checked all fuses, recalibrated, and so on. Put new amk pump in this morning and pumped wont run. Instantly throws a fault. Thought maybe a bad pump out of the box. Bench tested both pumps. Both ran. But when either are hooked up yo the lr3 istantly faults. Ran suspension this morning to offroad height and swamped pumps. Waiting on my gap tool so cant pull code. Before swap only fault was pressure increase too slow. Do i need to update software on pump again? Just did last week before to make sure it was right. Used a freinds gap tool that i added my vin to while I wait for mine in the mail. Hes about 2 hr drive way. So stuck waiting now. Pump swap was amk for amk. Also tried a hard reset with no luck.

Old 02-22-2022, 08:42 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 777 Likes on 651 Posts

What color is the dash icon? Red or yellow. And exactly how fast, like instant or after a few seconds? The obvious is fuses and the like. Also is it still at off-road height?

Old 02-22-2022, 08:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 77 Likes on 72 Posts

Check the pump relay in the fuse box under the hood.

Could also need a suspension calibration, easy to do with a GAP tool

The following users liked this post:
Rufflyer (01-01-2023)
Old 02-22-2022, 08:58 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Blackngold77
Check the pump relay in the fuse box under the hood.

Could also need a suspension calibration, easy to do with a GAP tool
tried 3 different ones. No difference. Just recalibrated last week.

Old 02-22-2022, 09:01 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
What color is the dash icon? Red or yellow. And exactly how fast, like instant or after a few seconds? The obvious is fuses and the like. Also is it still at off-road height?
yellow fault. Within no more then 3 seconds after start. Pump never kicks on. Did this morning with old pump. Now neither after I took it out. Both work on bench with 12v supplied. Checked fues and swaped with 2 new relays.

Old 02-23-2022, 12:50 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 777 Likes on 651 Posts

Well yellow is good, red is bad. So this generally means the compressor itself is not the issue. You have a "softer" fault such as a physical sensor, calibration or you are simply stuck in service mode. Which means you need the GAP tool. I think an exhaust fault can cause yellow two, which really should be a hard red fault but it's not. To be clear, you did connect BOTH cables? Power and the exhaust & temperature connection?

Old 02-23-2022, 10:54 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

@dakotarover I just had an exhaust fault....it's yellow but then turns red at higher speeds.

The following users liked this post:
DakotaTravler (02-23-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 05:50 PM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Flyfishinguy85
Is the replacement AMK new or used and is it the complete assembly or just the pump/motor?

Old 02-24-2022, 06:47 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 5280LR3
Flyfishinguy85
Is the replacement AMK new or used and is it the complete assembly or just the pump/motor?
brand new complete assembly. Exact match of old one.

Old 02-24-2022, 06:58 PM
Drifting

I was under the assumption that it would have been plug and play. Do i need to re update software again eventhough I already reflashed the ecu last week doing many updates and also making sure the previous owner had it set to amk. I do have a gap tool in the mail I'm waiting for. Just wondered if anyone else had the same issue after putting in a new compressor or if its standard procedure to reflash after removal of pump. New to rovers and have already learn a ton in the last month working on this one. Already pulled bumpers and replaced parking sensors, replaced washer res due to split, new coolant res sticky float, rebuilt all blocks, and all height sensors, along with many others. Super excited to get it on the Rd. Wouldve been cool for an easy fix so I didnt get stuck waiting for the gap tool. Anyways, appreciate everyone trying to point me in the right direction 🍻

Quick Reply: Replaced compressor and it wont run