LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound system question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:28 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound system question?

Whats up all? I live in NY and i got my 2007 SE LR3 in the summer. I love it to death, but i remember i had the option of getting the HSE, which has the 550 watts sound system, but it was alittle too pricey. Another person in my family has the Range Rover, which has the same sound system. Anyway i was wondering how does the 240 watts i have compare to other stock SUVs. I guess iam kinda unhappy with it because i see all these people putting in sub's in their trunk and all, but Iam leasing mine so i dont know if it would bea great idea. I LOVE bass, thats really all thats important to me. What do you guys think? Am i just to spolied?

Old 12-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Sound system question?

Music is really meant to be enjoyed well balanced. Sound technicians get payed good money to make sure the music recorded is always in perfect balance, regardless of the music style. With that in mind, Land Rover's choice of sound system, wether the 240 or the 550 ( I think the RR's go even higher ) is designed primarily to make the most out of that balance. Sure I can turn the sub output to max and the bass response also to max and get enough thump out of the system in my HSE to make my heart jump but it will never compare to the horrors most kids put into their rides these days with 12's or 15's. Heck even 18's. I am not too old to have missed the loud music in the car era. I liked my base loud as much as the next guy but always in good balance with the mids and the highs.

If you're all about the bass I doubt you would have been happy even with the 550 system. That little sub woofer in the back does wonders (In good taste andbalance) but itwill never sound like a box with (4) 12's in it. A word of warning if you are thinking about adding bass to the LR3. To get the kind of deep, heart thumping bass I'm sure you want you are going to need dedicated amps addedandthe electrical systems in the roversis not exactly the most user friendly in the business. Don't take it in to just any mom and pop's shop or you could end up with more error codes than you can shake a stick at!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:21 PM
5th Gear

has anyone ever tried to convert a 240 watt system to the 550? Can it be done relatively easily/cheaply? Or, if I just wanted to add the stock sub to my 240 watt, would I be able to easily do it? I'm not sure if there's a dedicated amp that fits back in that space or what, so any help would be great.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:54 AM
Three Wheeling

I am sure that the 550w system is totally different and isn't an easy upgrade.

Check this out https://landroverforums.com/m_48827/tm.htm
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-31-2008, 03:39 AM
4wd Low

ORIGINAL: Jantiz

( I think the RR's go even higher )
Range Rover HSE H-K Logic 7 system is 710 watts.

You are much better off going to a place with experience in LR audio upgrades, and getting an amp and speakers, including a sub wired. Just make sure they have had good experience working on LR vehicles. Get references if you can. Call them.

Good luck