Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No seat belt warning sound or light and no door ajar sound or light

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:57 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No seat belt warning sound or light and no door ajar sound or light

Just bought a disco II with 137500 mi. did the front shaft rebuilt, changed water pump, oil change done 10w40 for now. downloaded disco Mike 60k maintance sheet will start on it this weekend. Changed broken fog light.
wife has hijacked the the truck last seeing down Greenwich ave.. Quick questions no seat belt warning sound or light; and no door ajar sound or light. Is this the norm?

Old 06-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

They do have a door ajar sound...after you have parked it, and lock it with the remote: if a door or the hood is open, the horn will sound. Other than that, I can't remember ever seeing or hearing either on mine.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't have a DII, but on a DI if the wire comes off the door switch, the door ajar, the seat adjustment, the interior light do not come on.
Remove the door switch and inspect the wire. If it's broken off, in the DI the wire comes from above, I use a surgical forcep (from the surplus store) and a LED on lenghtened leads to fish it out. I also solder a more flexible wire as extension/stress relief. Seal it well with "heat shrink tubing", in Canada Princess Auto sells it almost cheap, good thing to have around.
SD

Old 06-11-2010, 10:07 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all
I will inspect the wires.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

I was being sarcastic in my post. Seat belt warning: there is a seat belt indicator on the instrument cluster that illuminates when the key is turned to position 2, and extinguishes after 6 seconds even if the driver's seat belt remains unfastened. In some markets, there is also a chime that sounds either until the seat belt is fastened, or 6 seconds has expired, whichever comes first.

Door ajar: There is no door ajar sound other than a chime while the key is in the ignition and the driver's door is open. There is no indicator on the dash at all like other vehicles. I believe you can open any door other than the driver's, and nothing will sound.

I just wanted to get this out before you start tearing apart door panels and checking wires.

When the front domelight switch is in the middle position, it will illuminate when the key is turned to position 0, when a door or tailddor is opened, and when the vehicle is unlocked. It extinguishes 15 seconds after the last door is closed, or the vehicle starts.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:25 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You don't happen to have water leaks on the driver side. Seen similar issues going to the bcu from a leak in the driverside windshield. The water got into the connectors on the bottom of the instrument panel. It managed to take out the fuse box as well.