LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spark Plugs

Anyone changed out their spark plugs? What kind did you replace with?

Also, my LR3 has been stalling lately when it idles low..seems like it might not be getting gas. Anyone had any issues with their fuel pump? I have almost 90k miles.

Thanks

Old 05-15-2010, 07:41 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

How many miles on your engine?
Since I am a D2 owner, can't help you with the plugs but can with the idle. Do you have a check engine light on, what octane gas are you running? I would suggest after you install you new plugs that you clean your t-body and also put a can of B&G's 44K in the tank, your idle problems should then be gone.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:43 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Since I am one of the few techs here I can help. Have we have issues yes. But mostly for hard starting or issues with fuel level. Spark plugs just stick with Oem. they go 105k and work. So why waste the money on something at advance gets paid to upsell you.

But if you have a check engine light on and its a set of lean codes we have had issue with injectors getting stuffed.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Rovin4life
Since I am one of the few techs here I can help. Have we have issues yes. But mostly for hard starting or issues with fuel level. Spark plugs just stick with Oem. they go 105k and work. So why waste the money on something at advance gets paid to upsell you.

But if you have a check engine light on and its a set of lean codes we have had issue with injectors getting stuffed.
yes check engine light is on..and they were lean codes. if it is injectors getting stuffed what should I do? Is there something I can add to the gas to help clean them out?

always used premium gas as well.

also, what fluids are added/changed at the 90k service?

Thanks everyone for your comments

Old 05-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Rovin4life

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
How many miles on your engine?
Since I am a D2 owner, can't help you with the plugs but can with the idle. Do you have a check engine light on, what octane gas are you running? I would suggest after you install you new plugs that you clean your t-body and also put a can of B&G's 44K in the tank, your idle problems should then be gone.
thanks- 87k miles. where can i find B&G's 44k? I had been getting stuff from rover connection, but their new website (british parts of utah) doesn't seem to be working.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Most dealer and independent high end shops carry it, so does Napa.