LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 11:23 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof Question

I like the sunroofs on the LR3. However, being in hot as hell deep South Texas, I'm wondering if there is any aftermarket accessory that will allow for total blockage of sunlight from the sunroof The black screen cover isn't enough. Appreciate any feedback.

Old 08-21-2005, 08:39 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sunroof Question

Well if you want to block it up and not lose much headroom, you might just have to resort to using some sort of paper and tape. Like wrapping paper lol Or, there are some retractable covers, but I've only seen them for side windows, and they don't cover the corners of the windows (they're not custom fitted, just a few select sizes).

At least with the paper and tape you can choose a nice pattern (or just black) and tape it really nicely at the edges. Use black electric tape if you must. Can't be that bad.

Or how about those ummm... laminates I believe they are called? I see them everywhere now... most notably, I think they are offered as an option on Lexus SUVs... ugh Lexus. Anyway you'll sometimes see cars with windows that reflect this weird ugly green colour. Apparently it's some sort of insert inside the glass (which may be hard to install as an aftermarket part). But because it's inside the glass, it doesn't wear off like tint (according to some tv-car guy). But you can probably still buy it from a shop and they'll stick it on the inside. It reflects a lot more than tint I think.

Last option - if you're well off, financially - they have "smart" glass now. Glass that can change shades (or rather, tint) at the push of a button. Bit tricky, especially since this is a sunroof, a huge one. May be a bit expensive, plus the equipment may add a few pounds, not sure about it though.

Old 08-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sunroof Question

just have them tinted to 5% or maybe even less, i had mine tinted @ 5% and they are so much better.