LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Fault

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 08:12 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Suspension Fault

Hey guys.. just bought a 2005 LR3 4.4L V8 and have an issue id like to know more about. I drove the car off the lot for about 40 miles with no problems or warning indicators at all. A few miles later while driving on the highway I get a "suspension fault" error in my dash display. Not flashing and goes away when I restart the vehicle but every 10 miles or so it comes back with the same fault. It is a 05 with about 105,000 miles on it. Is the car still able to be driven safely or is this a serious issue that I need to get checked out ASAP?

Old 10-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm no expert, I've had mine just a few months now. When I got it I had the suspension fault normal height only error message. I have a code reader that can read the error. I'm not sure how many errors there are, but mine was a pressure rises too slowly or something like that. A new dryer on the compress fixed me up. It was just about $100.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Your vehicle will tell you how serious it is. If it just says "Suspension Fault, normal height only", then its not too big of a deal. You will eventually want to get it fixed, because if the suspension drops down below normal height for whatever reason, it may be stuck there.

If it says "MAX Speed 35 MPH", then its a major issue and you will want it fixed ASAP.

It would be impossible to speculate what could be wrong with the vehicle. To many possible faults and the Ride Level module would need to be scanned for fault codes to know. However, compressors and level sensors are the most common.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Drifting

Having been down this road with my lr3, I know a few things to watch for. Twice now I have had a broken wire at or near the rear air valve. Also had the compressor blow apart. With your doors closed and driver window open start the truck, you should hear the compressor run. Should only run a few minutes if that. If it runs longer it will over heat and shut down. It might need to be changed out. Pretty easy to do but will need a computer up date. Having said that mine worked for 8 months before I had troubles again without an update. My last problem was the second time I had a broken wire. Took it into the dealer to see what the problem was thinking I had something deeper.
Will the truck lift or lower? While it lifts do you see a message raising slow?

Old 10-12-2013, 01:49 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jnew222
Hey guys.. just bought a 2005 LR3 4.4L V8 and have an issue id like to know more about. I drove the car off the lot for about 40 miles with no problems or warning indicators at all. A few miles later while driving on the highway I get a "suspension fault" error in my dash display. Not flashing and goes away when I restart the vehicle but every 10 miles or so it comes back with the same fault. It is a 05 with about 105,000 miles on it. Is the car still able to be driven safely or is this a serious issue that I need to get checked out ASAP?
Once happens to me , came to the shop a same problem, it was leaky airline from the front suspension, that runs across under the rad.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:30 PM
6th Gear

The fault doesn't appear when I first turn it on and start driving.. No problems lowering or raising the truck but after about 5-10 miles the suspension light appears on the dash. Sometimes I can drive it for 20-30 miles before it happens again.. Different every time.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Replace the air dryer on the compressor. It cost a little over $100. Search the forum for more info. It gas been discussed before.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine just had the same issue also. The compressor seems to be gone........having warranty issues with it now. Damn..