LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension fault after new compressor

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2023, 09:47 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension fault after new compressor

Hi,

I changed the compressor to a new hitachi one, disco still had the factory one i believe.
replaced it because suspension gave faults and basically didn't work. Although after calibration it worked but decided to change the compressor anyway since it I had allready.
now I keep getting a red light for suspension, calibrated a couple times but no success.
any ideas on where to look? I have a iid tool!

Thanks in advance 😄🤘

Old 09-10-2023, 09:54 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 720 Likes on 605 Posts

You have a gap, so what are the codes? Any? Did the Rover originally have a Hitachi style or was is AMK? Sometimes after playing with the system you can get stuck in built mode or tight tolerance, which will give you a red warning. You can go into gap and go into tight tolerance and back out to see what happens. Of course maybe a connector is not tights. Compressor has two, one being power. Check fuses, relays, etc too.

Old 09-10-2023, 10:24 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
You have a gap, so what are the codes? Any? Did the Rover originally have a Hitachi style or was is AMK? Sometimes after playing with the system you can get stuck in built mode or tight tolerance, which will give you a red warning. You can go into gap and go into tight tolerance and back out to see what happens. Of course maybe a connector is not tights. Compressor has two, one being power. Check fuses, relays, etc too.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.
Was a hitachi style as well. Changed the relay to a new one as well. Compressor turns on so guessing power and all is good. Code "control module - system programming failure - deactivated (ab)"
connectors clicked when plugging it in, can try cleaning them maybe.

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2023, 10:27 AM
Camel Trophy

Nah, prob not connector issue if it is powering up. I would try the tight tolerance trick. Or you do in fact have a bad calibration for some reason, which could be due to a faulty height sensor. Is this a cheap Hitachi knock-off by chance?

Old 09-10-2023, 10:31 AM
6th Gear

Nah, prob not connector issue if it is powering up. I would try the tight tolerance trick. Or you do in fact have a bad calibration for some reason, which could be due to a faulty height sensor. Is this a cheap Hitachi knock-off by chance?

Yeah I'll defintily try the trick. can a sensor break after fitting new compressor? Worked before after calibration 🤔.
not cheap at all hehe the real deal expensive compressor 😅👍.
maybe parking it up in a different. Just realised it's standing a bit higher on the front cause of the driveway.. might mess with it?

Old 09-10-2023, 10:34 AM
Camel Trophy

I doubt your broke a sensor.
Genuine Hitachi are $300 USD, so I hope you did not pay too much!
As long as the ground is flat, it should not matter.

At this point I am still guessing you are in build mode, tight tolerance mode or have a corrupt calibration.

The following users liked this post:
Laurensvh (09-10-2023)
Old 09-10-2023, 11:22 AM
6th Gear

I doubt your broke a sensor.
Genuine Hitachi are $300 USD, so I hope you did not pay too much!
As long as the ground is flat, it should not matter.

At this point I am still guessing you are in build mode, tight tolerance mode or have a corrupt calibration.

Hi!
The light is off now, its sitting at normal height but doesn't go up or down. No faults read. Just ping when I hitnup or down.
getting there haha

Old 09-11-2023, 06:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

When you said "new relay" was it the one that works with the Hitachi or AMK? I'm not even sure that matters, but worth an ask....

Laurensvh (09-12-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 06:09 PM
Camel Trophy

The relays are all the same. As discussed, a new relay is provided out of caution not our of need. A compressor is high amp and one that dies can damage the relay by pulling way too much juice though it. And a damaged relay can cause issues. So out of caution, LR recommends a new relay with a new compressor because nothing would be worse than leaving the dealer with a new compressor just to have some other issues. The relays themselves are all identical and the same used in other systems, like with the fuel pump.

houm_wa (09-11-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 09:58 AM
6th Gear

The relays are all the same. As discussed, a new relay is provided out of caution not our of need. A compressor is high amp and one that dies can damage the relay by pulling way too much juice though it. And a damaged relay can cause issues. So out of caution, LR recommends a new relay with a new compressor because nothing would be worse than leaving the dealer with a new compressor just to have some other issues. The relays themselves are all identical and the same used in other systems, like with the fuel pump.

Exactly, I changed the relay with the supplied relay. Problem is now that I get a orange light and the display says " suspension lowered" .. I can hear the compressor kick in. Tried to calibrate over 6 times by now, no difference, Next step will be looking for leaks but don't think I damaged any lines and all seem to be in pretty firm. Strange thing, orange light is on but iiD doesn't read any suspension fault..

Quick Reply: Suspension fault after new compressor