LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Fault Normal Height only

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Fault Normal Height only

Just got this warning this morning on my 07 lr3 with 68000 miles. Just got back from 2500 mile road trip with rover packed full of gear. Other then that nothing crazy done with the vehicle. Any ideas as what it could be before going to Stealership? Thanks

Old 09-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Drifting
Default suspension trouble

I have a 05 LR3 HSE. Like may others I have seen I had a fault light come on several weeks ago. Suspension at normal height only. Truck ran fine just couldn't raise or lower unit. Had the luck in finding a great young machanic with a snap on scanner. Took us a few hours and lots of reading and replacing the eas rear valve. Finally found I had a broken wire between the right rear valve and control modual. Test included running a wire from eas up to the modual and truck raises and lowers as normal with no faults showing.
My concern now is where in the wiring I have a pinch and when will I see more wires giving me problems.
Any one else ever find this same issue with broken wires?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Ark
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by legendbridges
Just got this warning this morning on my 07 lr3 with 68000 miles. Just got back from 2500 mile road trip with rover packed full of gear. Other then that nothing crazy done with the vehicle. Any ideas as what it could be before going to Stealership? Thanks
I recently had that error and it was determined that my compressor was bad. Prior to replacement, I could hear the compressor whirring away for about 2 minutes before it stopped and then the error displayed on the screen.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Overlanding

If the compressor is whirring for two minutes it sounds like the culprit is the filter BEFORE the compressor. I'ts a $50 part vs $1,300 for the compressor but the dealer and many independent mechanics) won't tell you that.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:46 AM
7th Gear

I also am showing a suspension fault 'normal height only' and saw on here (and Youtube) how to replace the inner working of the compressor, I hear the compressor working and I hear the air but the vehicle isn't rising in the front. Is there anything I need to do before I remove the compressor or can I just remove the bolts and start replacing the filters/beads, etc?

Old 10-07-2015, 03:39 AM
2nd Gear
Default Suspension raising slowly

Originally Posted by arijfeli
If the compressor is whirring for two minutes it sounds like the culprit is the filter BEFORE the compressor. I'ts a $50 part vs $1,300 for the compressor but the dealer and many independent mechanics) won't tell you that.
I have a question over here 2005 Land Rover LR3 suspension fault.. There was a wire disconnected where the compressor is, so I have fixed that problem install everything back on just like it's supposed to be. Now I have another problem suspension seems like to be slow raising up it takes about two minutes to fully raised up to the highest point. What do you think would that be a compressor issue, maybe it got overheated and this cylinder ring
needs to be replaced?

Old 10-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You really need to pull codes for the fault as it will tell you a lot about what's wrong. I could be a compressor going bad - more common would be a drier that needs to be replaced (rebuilt). Additionally you could have a leak in the system somewhere and the compressor can't keep up.

You can purchase a drier kit and a piston rebuild kit on eBay...but again I'd recommend starting with the codes.